American Association of Political Consultants
||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
|AAPC Annual Pollie Awards & Conference|
|Awarded for||Excellence in Political consulting|
|Presented by||American Association of Political Consultants|
|Official website||AAPC Annual Pollie Awards & Conference.Com|
The American Association of Political Consultants (AAPC) is the trade group for the political consulting profession in the United States. Founded in 1969, it is the world's largest organization of political consultants, public affairs professionals and communications specialists. Its "multipartisan" membership consists of political consultants, pollsters, media consultants, campaign managers, corporate public affairs officers, professors, lobbyists, fundraisers, congressional staffers, and vendors.
The American Association of Political Consultants maintains a Code of Professional Ethics for members. Applicants for AAPC membership are required to sign the code, and to live by the standards it sets, as a condition of membership in the organization.
The American Association of Political Consultants hosts the annual Pollie Awards and Conference. The Pollie Awards are the most prestigious awards in the field of political campaign and public affairs industry, in which the AAPC recognizes the best in the business of political professionals in hundreds of political campaign and public affairs categories. The AAPC also hosts several regional conferences throughout the year that feature several panelists who are specialists for the upcoming elections.
The AAPC seeks to set the standards of conduct for political and public affairs consulting through its Code of Professional Ethics. The AAPC is the only organization in its field with a code of ethics for political professionalism.
Board of Directors
- AAPC Officers Chairman: Whit Ayres, Ayres McHenry (R) - Polling
- President - Dale Emmons, Emmons & Company, Inc. (D) - General
- Vice President - Art Hackney, Hackney & Hackney (R)- General
- Secretary/Treasurer - Brad Chism, Zata l 3 (D)- Phones
- Democrats Lorena Chambers - General Brad Chism - General Carol Dahmen - Communications Ondine Fortune - Media Strategies, Planning and Buying Gail Garbrandt - Trainer Robert Kaplan - Fundraising, Initiatives, PACs, Trade Associations, Membership Development Mark Mellman - Polling Melissa Mullinax - General Jefrey Pollock - Polling Richard Schlackman - Direct Mail Jim Spencer - Direct Mail Liz Welsh - Telephone Contact
- Republicans John Brabender - Media Joanne Davis - Fundraising Rebecca Donatelli - Internet Ed Goeas - General Dan Hazelwood - Direct Mail Advertising Thomas Hiltachk - Political - Election Law Jim Innocenzi - Media Wayne LaPierre - Public Affairs Mike Mihalke - Public Affairs Beth Miller - Public Affairs Richard Norman - Direct Mail Fundraising Tom Shepard - General
- Academic Board Member Costas Panagopoulos - Fordham University
- Executive Committee Chair: Dale Emmons (D) - President
- Members: Whit Ayres (R) - Chairman Art Hackney (R) - Vice President Brad Chism (D) - Treasurer Lorena Chambers (D) - Board Member Carol Dahmen (D) - Board Member Mark Mellman (D) - Board Member Liz Welsh (D) - Board Member Becky Donatelli (R) - Board Member Dan Hazelwood (R) - Board Member Beth Miller (R) - Board Member Tom Shepard (R) - Board Member Tom Hiltachk - General Counsel Finance Committee Chair: Brad Chism (D) - Treasurer Members: Jefrey Pollock (D) - Board Member Tom Shepard (R) - Board Member
- Chapter Presidents Jaime Sexton - Mid-West Dean Phillips - Mid-Atlantic Joseph Mercurio - Greater New York Dana Reed - Western Brian Franklin- Southern
- AAPC Past Presidents Whit Ayres Tony Fazio Wayne Johnson Nancy Todd Donna Lucas Raymond Strother Richard Woodword Ralph D. Murphine Thomas N. Edmonds William R. Hamilton Bradley O'Leary Joseph R. Cerrell Roy Pfautch Phyllis B. Brothman Matthew A. Reese F. Clifton White Joseph Napolitan, Founder