March 22, 1946|
|Died||June 12, 1992
Aghdam region, east of Nagorno-Karabakh
|Allegiance||Republic of Azerbaijan|
|Years of service||1988-1992|
|Commands held||Aghdam Detachment|
|Awards||National Hero of Azerbaijan
Allahverdi Teymur oglu Bagirov (Azerbaijani: Allahverdi Teymur oğlu Bağırov, Russian: Аллахверди Теймур оглы Багиров; April 22, 1946 in Aghdam, Azerbaijan – June 12, 1992 in Aghdam, Azerbaijan) was an Azerbaijani officer, former leader of Azerbaijani Popular Front Party, head coach of FK Qarabağ and National Hero of Azerbaijan.
In 1988, he voluntarily enlisted in the Azerbaijani Army in the war against Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh region. In 1990, Bagirov created his own battalion and rescued many innocent Azerbaijani citizens from Khojali, while exchanging dead bodies of Azerbaijani soldiers with Armenian soldiers. He also managed to free Aranzəmin, Naxçıvanlı, Daxraz, Mirkend and Pircamal villages from Armenian control, destroying many Armenian soldiers and civilians.
Bagirov and his driver both died when their car ran over an anti-tank mine during their return to Aghdam, a strategically important town as well as a major historical and cultural center. He was posthumously awarded the title of the National Hero of Azerbaijan and was buried in the Aghdam cemetery in June 1992.
- Massacre and Flight From Khojali
- His Official Biography (Azerbaijani)
- 23 iyul - Ağdamın işğal günüdür (Azerbaijani)
- Müşfiqin "Qarabağ"dan böyük sevgisi yoxdur (Azerbaijani)
- "QARABAĞ"A SADİQ YAŞAR HÜSEYNOV (Azerbaijani)
- Ходжалы. Хроника геноцида. (Russian)
- Гасан Керимов: "Организаторы и исполнители Ходжалинского геноцида понесут ответ (Russian)
- Xocalı faciəsinə aparan yollar... (Azerbaijani)
- Gözlənilən bir faciənin tarixçəsi… (Azerbaijani)
- ALLAHVERDİ BAĞIROV (Azerbaijani)