Albert Lee Giddens
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. (December 2010)|
|Albert Lee Giddens|
|Born||Albert Lee Giddens
Sept. 29, 1947
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
|Residence||Deer Park, Texas|
|Alma mater||University of Texas at Austin|
Albert Lee Giddens is a renowned Texas Trial lawyer. His firm made its name handling plaintiff's litigation, representing clients suing for wrongful death and personal injuries throughout the state of Texas. Giddens is Board Certified in both Personal Injury and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Born September 29, 1947 in Corpus Christi, Texas, Giddens graduated with a bachelors of arts from the University of Texas in 1970. After graduation Giddens joined the Texas National Guard. After his stint in the Texas National Guard Giddens returned to the University of Texas, where he graduated from University of Texas School of Law in 1974. After graduation Giddens joined the Texaco corporate law division, before founding his own firm in 1979.
Giddens made a name for himself handling plaintiff's litigation, one of his most notable cases came early in his career when he represented a family who's two year old had been electrocuted and as a result lost both of her arms. This tragedy made national news and the plaintiff subsequently made several television appearances including one on 20/20 and another on 60 Minutes.
Several years later after the Phillips Disaster of 1989 Giddens again found himself thrust into the spotlight. Mr. Giddens successfully represented the families of numerous victims in their wrongful death claims, securing substantial awards.
Giddens currently owns and operates the Law Firm of Giddens & Burns handling primarily personal injury and wrongful death cases. However, Giddens also handles a wide variety of civil litigation cases.,
In 1999 Giddens was elected to the Deer Park Independent School District Board of Trustees. He served as secretary to the Board of Trustees, until 2006 when he was elected to vice president. In 2009 Giddens was elected to president of the Board of Trustees, and currently holds this position.
Mr. Giddens is the past president and current continuing legal education (CLE) chair of the Pasadena Bar Association. Giddens is the current President of Texas Intercity Football Inc., which comprises eighteen little league football clubs throughout the Houston/Galveston area. Additionally Giddens is on the Board of Directors of the Houston Lawyer Referral Service.
- "Tires fly off tractor-trailer into oncoming vehicle: Failure to inspect tires: Wrongful death: Settlement". Law Reporter. April 2004.
- "Injured by Art?". Houston Chronicle. October 6, 2009.
- "Texas Board of Legal Specialization Certification". Texas Board of Legal Specialization. March 24, 2010.
- "Armless Girl Beats all Odds and Lives a Normal, Happy Life". Weekly World News. May 19, 1981.
- "Fatal Industrial Accidents in Texas". Houston Chronicle. March 24, 2005.
- "Lawsuit centers around Pasadena Hotel". Texas Lawyer. April 14, 2011.
- "Wet Pebble Stones Lead to Fall". Texas Lawyer. September 10, 2010.
- "Widow wins judgment against lawyers, firms". Texas Lawyer. October 11, 2010.including debt, business transactions and estate matters.
- "Collection Firms taking more debtors to small claims court". KHOU 11 News. February 28, 2008.
- "1997 School Board Election Results". Houston Chronicle. August 10, 1997.
- "DPISD receives CenterPoint incentive check for energy efficiency". Pasadena Citizen. January 28, 2010.
- Law Office of Albert Lee Giddens
- Deer Park Independent School District
- Texas Intercity Football, Inc.
- Houston Lawyer Referral Service