|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||7th century BC – 6th century BC – 5th century BC|
|Decades:||560s BC 550s BC 540s BC – 530s BC – 520s BC 510s BC 500s BC|
|Years:||539 BC 538 BC 537 BC 536 BC 535 BC 534 BC 533 BC 532 BC 531 BC 530 BC|
|Categories:||Births – Deaths – Architecture
Establishments – Disestablishments
Events and trends
- 539 BC—Babylon is conquered by Cyrus, defeating Nabonidus.
- 538 BC—Cyrus, king of Persia, allows Jews in Babylon to return to Jerusalem.
- 535 BC—Phocaean Greek colonists clash at sea with Carthaginians and Etruscans in Battle of Alalia (Corsica).
- 534 BC
- 530 BC
- c. 530 BC—Temple of Apollo at Delphi is built.
- c. 530 BC—Peplos Kore, from the Acropolis, Athens, is made. It is now at Acropolis Museum, Athens.
- c. 530 BC—Kroisos(?) Kuoros, from a cemetery at Anavysos, near Athens is made. It is now at National Archaeological Museum, Athens.
- c. 530 BC—525 BC—Siphnian Treasury, Delphi, is built.
- c. 530 BC—525 BC—Battle between the Gods and the Giants, fragments of the north frieze of the Siphnian Treasury, from the Sanctuary of Apollo, Delphi, is made. It is now at the Delphi Archaeological Museum.
- Rainer Albertz, "Israel in exile: the history and literature of the sixth century BCE", p.xxi