2010 Australian Formula Ford Championship
|2010 Australian Formula Ford Championship|
The 2010 Australian Formula Ford Championship was a CAMS sanctioned national motor racing title for drivers of Formula Ford open wheel racing cars. It was the 41st national series for Formula Fords to be held in Australia and the 18th to carry the Australian Formula Ford Championship name. The championship, which was promoted as the "2010 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship", began on 26 March 2010 at the Albert Park Street Circuit and ended on 21 November at Sandown Raceway after eight rounds. Australian Formula Ford Management Pty. Ltd. was appointed by CAMS as the Category Manager for the Championship.
Synergy Motorsport Spectrum driver Chaz Mostert won the title with a dominant season performance. The Queensland driver secured the title at Round 7 and won a total of five rounds during the series. Individual race wins were achieved by Mostert (14), Nick Foster (3), Ashley Walsh (2), Ryan Simpson (2) and Geoff Uhrhane (1).
Teams and drivers
The following teams and drivers competed in the championship.
|Sonic Motor Racing Services||Mygale SJ10a||2||Geoff Uhrhane|
|Borland Racing Developments||Spectrum 011c||4||Andrew McFarland|
|Spectrum 012||45||Ashley Walsh|
|Spectrum 011b||77||Caleb Rayner|
Master Electricians Racing
|Mygale SJ10a||5||Andre Borell|
|Evans Motorsport Group||Mygale SJ10A||6|| Adam Graham
|Mygale SJ10A||Trent Harrison|
|Mygale SJ11A||94||Matthew Hart|
|Brad Jones Racing||Mygale SJ09a||8||Tom Williamson|
|Linde Material Handling||Mygale SJ06a||11||Cameron Waters|
|CAMS Rising Stars
|Spectrum 011b||12||Liam Sager|
|Spectrum 011c||49||Jack LeBrocq|
|Spectrum 011b||55||Garry Jacobson|
|Spectrum 011d||83||Matthew Brabham|
|Synergy Motorsport||Spectrum 012||15||Chaz Mostert|
|Spectrum 011b||17||Stefan Borsato|
|Spectrum 011c||22||Shae Davies|
|Spectrum 011||25||Daniel Cotton|
|Spectrum 012||71||Nathan Morcom|
Crabtrees Real Estate
|Mygale SJ07a||20||Greg Woodrow|
|Shae Davies Racing
|Van Diemen RF06||22||Shae Davies|
|Howard Racing||Spectrum 011||27
|Team BRM||Mygale SJ09a||30||Tom Goess|
|31|| Martin Short
|HMT Racing||Spectrum 011d||33||Robert Hackwood|
|Rob Spence Motorsport||Spectrum 011c||35||Cameron Spence|
|Widex Australia||Mygale SJ07a||47||Williams Vass|
|McDonalds Chelsea Heights||Spectrum 011d||66||Jesse Fenech|
|Marshalls & Dent Lawyers||Spectrum 011b||74||Nicholas McBride|
|Spectrum 011||78||Brendan Jones|
|TanderSport||Stealth S3D||91||Pete Major|
|1||Albert Park Street Circuit||28–29 March||Chaz Mostert|
|2||Queensland Raceway||1–2 May||Nicholas Foster|
|3||Winton Motor Raceway||14–16 May||Ashley Walsh|
|4||Hidden Valley Raceway||18–20 June||Chaz Mostert|
|5||Townsville Street Circuit||9–11 July||Chaz Mostert|
|6||Surfers Paradise Street Circuit||22–24 October||Chaz Mostert|
|7||Symmons Plains Raceway||13–14 November||Geoff Uhrhane|
|8||Sandown Raceway||19–21 November||Chaz Mostert|
Note: Rounds were contested over three races, with the exception of Round 1 which was staged over two races.
Championship points were awarded on a 20–16–14–12–10–8–6–4–2–1 basis to the top ten classified finishers in each race. An additional point was awarded to the driver gaining pole position for the first race at each round.
Note: Race 2 at the Albert Park Street Circuit, was stopped in the early laps due to a serious crash involving factory Spectrum racer Caleb Rayner. Due to the tight schedule of the 2010 Australian Grand Prix support program, the race could not be restarted and no championship points were awarded.
- 2010 Australian Formula Ford Championship Sporting & Technical Regulations Retrieved on 25 November 2010
- "Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit 28/03/2010 2010 Formula 1 Qantas Australian Grand Prix". National Software. 28 March 2010. Archived from the original on 10 April 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-28.
- "Queensland Raceway Ipswich 02/05/2010 Ipswich 300 – 2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series-Race 9&10". National Software. 9 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-09.
- "Winton Motor Raceway 16/05/2010 2010 V8 Supercar Championship Series – Races 11 & 12". National Software. 16 May 2010. Archived from the original on 20 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-17.
- "Hidden Valley Raceway 20/06/2010 2010 Skycity Triple Crown-V8Supercar Championship Race 13&14". National Software. 20 June 2010. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
- "Townsville Street Circuit 11/07/2010 Sucrogen Townsville 400-V8 Supercar Championship Races 15&16". National Software. 11 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-11.
- "Surfers Paradise Street Circuit 24/10/2010 Armor All Gold Coast 600 – V8 Supercars Races 19 & 20". National Software. 23 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-10-23.
- "Symmons Plains International Raceway 14/11/2010 Armor Falken Tasmania Challenge – V8 Supercars Races 21 & 22". National Software. 14 November 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- 2010 Genuine Ford Parts Australian Formula Ford Championship results table Retrieved on 25 November 2010