École nationale supérieure des télécommunications de Bretagne
|Motto||A prestigious graduate engineering school and international research centre in the field of information technologies|
|Type||French Grande Ecole|
|Admin. staff||300 (2009)|
|Doctoral students||221 (2009)|
Telecom Bretagne (formerly known as ENST Bretagne) is one of the top French grande école and a high standard research centre providing high level training in Information Technologies and telecommunications. This grande école of engineering is located near Brest in Brittany.
As a member of the Institut Telecom, it has three campuses:
- Plouzané, in the Technopôle Brest-Iroise, near Brest (France);
- Campus de Beaulieu, in Rennes (France);
- Supaero campus, in Toulouse (France).
Telecom Bretagne has been the source of breakthroughs in the world of telecommunications, notably the turbo codes (first published in Proc. IEEE ICC'93) used extensively in 3G mobile telephony standards.
- 1974: Pierre Lelong – Secretary of State for the PTT (literally Postal Telegraph and Telephone) – decides to establish a second school of telecommunications that will be located in the Brest area.
- 1977: Creation of ENST Bretagne in Brest. Admission of the first student body which counted 31 students.
- 1986: Creation of the Rennes site.
- 1997: Creation of the Groupe des Écoles des Télécommunications (GET).
- 2008: Renamed Telecom Bretagne.
Master of engineering
For students admitted in formation initiale (FI, literally initial formation), the curriculum takes 3 years and deals with six main domains in 1st and 2nd year:
- Mathematics and signal processing
- Electronics and physics
- Computer science
- Economy and social sciences
- Languages and intercultural dimensions
and 4 options in 3rd year :
- Engineering and system integration
- Software systems and networks
- Services and business engineering
- Information processing systems.
Master of Sciences
Telecom Bretagne delivers Master of Science degrees, which are fully compliant with the Bologna system. MSc are two-year training courses leading to a high level of expertise in Information Technologies (IT):
- MSc in Telecommunication Systems Engineering
- MSc in Design and Engineering of Convergent Networks
- MSc in Biomedical Information Engineering
|This section requires expansion. (June 2008)|
(Mastères spécialisés, mastères de recherche, PhDs...)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (June 2008)|
Notable faculty↑Jump back a section
- Official site
- Official facebook
- Students' web pages
- Alumni Association
- Junior Entreprise
- ESN Section