Åsmund Grøver Aukrust
Åsmund Grøver Aukrust (born 28 February 1985) is a Norwegian politician for the Labour Party. He is the current deputy leader of the Workers' Youth League (AUF), as well as deputy member of the Parliament of Norway for the term 2009–2013.
Early life and education
First elected to the Akershus county council in 2005, he was elected as a deputy member of the Parliament of Norway in 2009. He has also been active in campaigning against Norwegian membership in the European Union through the organization No to the EU. At the official unveiling ceremony of the new cabinet after the 2009 elections, Aukrust caused a stir when he suddenly appeared among the ministers. Aukrust explained that he was merely trying to hand out flowers to the cabinet member who was opposed to EU membership.
He has been deputy leader of the Workers' Youth League since October 2010. He originally ran for the leadership, but narrowly lost the vote to Eskil Pedersen in a closely contested race, although the election committee overwhelmingly favored him. On 25 April 2011 he was elected vice president of the International Union of Socialist Youth. He was appointed as political advisor to the Minister of Culture Anniken Huitfeldt in November 2011.
- Barstad, Lars Henie. "Aukrust, Åsmund ( 1985- )" (in Norwegian). Stortinget.no. Retrieved 26 September 2012.
- Redaksjonen. "Politisk rådgiver Åsmund Aukrust". Politisk ledelse (in Norwegian). Regjeringen.no. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Haugdal, Marthe (20 October 2009). "Hvem er regjeringens ukjente medlem?". VG.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Kippernes, Geir Arne (20 October 2009). "Her er den "ukjente statsråden"". VG.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- "Åsmund Aukrust: Nestleder". Sentralstyret og fylkeslagene (in Norwegian). Auf.no. Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Kristjansson, Mimir (5 August 2010). "Mot lederstrid i AUF". Klassekampen (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Løset, Kjetil (14 October 2010). "Eskil Pedersen ny leder i AUF". TV2.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Flaarønning, Bård (25 April 2011). "Ny visepresident". Auf.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Svaar, Petter (30 October 2011). "Utøya overlevende til Regjeringen". Nrk.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 September 2012.
- Lie, Kjersti Kanestrøm (27 October 2012). "Utøya overlevende på sikker plass". Nrk (in Norwegian). Retrieved 27 October 2012.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language