Zviad Izoria (Georgian: ზვიად იზორია, born 6 January 1984 in Georgia) is a chess grandmaster playing for the United States. Zviad is a winner of HB Global Chess Challenge and a $50,000 in prize money. He played on the Georgian team at 2002, 2004, and 2008 chess olympiad. Zviad was a 2005 World Cup participant and 2007 World Cup qualifier.
|Full name||Zviad Izoria|
|Country|| Georgia (until 2013)|
United States (from 2013)
|Born||6 January 1984|
|FIDE rating||2599 (June 2019)|
|Peak rating||2660 (July 2006)|
Selected tournament victoriesEdit
- 2000: Victory at the World Youth Chess Championship for U16.
- 2000: Winner of the Moscow Kasparov Cup.
- 2001: Victory at the European Youth Chess Championship for U18. Victory at the European Junior Chess Championship for U20.
- 2002: Victory at the European Junior Chess Championship for U20.
- 2005: Winner of the HB Global Chess Challenge 2005, and a prize of $50,000 (USD), along with a valuable jeweled watch.
- 2018: Victory over Fabiano Caruana (2018 World Championship Challenger) and Hikaru Nakamura at the US Chess Championship.