The Zozo Championship (Japanese: ゾゾ・チャンピオンシップ) is a professional golf tournament in Inzai, Chiba Prefecture, which is located in the Greater Tokyo Area of Japan. It is co-sanctioned by the Japan Golf Tour and the PGA Tour.
|Location||Lake Sherwood, California|
|Course(s)||Sherwood Country Club (2020)|
Japan Golf Tour
|Format||72-hole stroke play with no cut|
|Prize fund||US$8 million|
|Tournament record score|
|Aggregate||261 Tiger Woods (2019)|
|To par||−23 Patrick Cantlay (2020)|
The tournament is the first event sanctioned by the PGA Tour in Japan, in a deal that will last until at least 2025. For 2020, the tournament was moved to Sherwood Country Club in Lake Sherwood, California in October.
The 78-player field consists of:
|Year||Tour[a]||Winner||Score||To par||Margin of
|2020||USA[b]||Patrick Cantlay||265||−23||1 stroke|| Jon Rahm
|Sherwood CC, U.S.||8,000,000||1,440,000|
|2019||USA, JPN||Tiger Woods||261||−19||3 strokes||Hideki Matsuyama||Narashino CC, Japan||9,750,000||1,755,000|
- "First official PGA Tour event in Japan to debut in 2019". PGA Tour. 20 November 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- "Zozo Championship to become first Japan event on PGA Tour schedule starting in '19". GolfNewsNet.com. 20 November 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- "Tournament info". Zozo Championship. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- Leonard, Tod (31 August 2020). "Tour moves Zozo Championship from Japan to site of six Tiger Woods wins, Sherwood CC". Golf Digest. Retrieved 1 September 2020.
- Official website
- Coverage on the Japan Golf Tour's official site
- Coverage on the PGA Tour's official site