Zlatko Mateša (pronounced [zlâtko mâteʃa]; born 17 June 1949) is a Croatian politician who served as Prime Minister of Croatia from 1995 to 2000. A member of the Croatian Democratic Union, Mateša is currently the president of the Croatian Olympic Committee and honorary consul of Mongolia in Croatia.
|Prime Minister of Croatia|
7 November 1995 – 27 January 2000
Vlatko Pavletić (acting)
|Preceded by||Nikica Valentić|
|Succeeded by||Ivica Račan|
|President of the Croatian Olympic Committee|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Zdravko Hebel|
|Born||17 June 1949|
Zagreb, PR Croatia, FPR Yugoslavia
|Political party||Croatian Democratic Union|
|Domestic partner||Bojana Maglaić|
Mateša was born and grew up in Zagreb, then Federal People's Republic of Yugoslavia, and obtained a law degree at the University of Zagreb in 1974. He worked in INA since 1978, where he rose through the ranks to the position of an assistant director. He was friends with Nikica Valentić, Mladen Vedriš and Franjo Gregurić.
In 1990, he entered politics and became a high-ranking HDZ member, along with the aforementioned group. President Franjo Tuđman named him the sixth President of the Government on 4 November 1995. The Mateša government is perhaps best remembered for the introduction of the value-added tax, which originated from the previous government before being put to effect from 1996 under Mateša's government. In 1998, the tax rate was fixed for all products at 22%. The finance minister in the Cabinet of Zlatko Mateša was Borislav Škegro.
- "Zlatko Mateša". vecernji.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 9 July 2015.
- Robert Bajruši (2008-07-15). "Zlatko Mateša - dečko iz 'Hemingwaya' na putu za Peking" [Zlatko Mateša - a boy from 'Hemingway' en route to Beijing]. Nacional (in Croatian). Archived from the original on 22 July 2012. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "Šesta vlada" (in Croatian). Croatian Information-Documentation Referral Agency. Retrieved 2010-12-10.
- Mladen Jambrović (1999-12-10). "U četiri godine mandata, Vlada povećala prosječnu plaću s 500 na 800 maraka". Vjesnik (in Croatian). Retrieved 2010-05-20.
Velik potez Matešina je reforma poreznog sustava i uvođenje poreza na dodanu vrijednost / PDV je moderan i u suštini najpošteniji način popune državnog proračuna; upitna je, međutim, bila jedinstvena stopa na kojoj je inzistiralo Ministarstvo financija
- "Zastupnici 4. saziva Hrvatskoga sabora - Zlatko Mateša - HDZ" (in Croatian). Croatian Parliament. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
| Minister of Economy
| Prime Minister of Croatia
| Croatian Olympic Committee
President of the |