Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu
Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu is a Bangladeshi politician and Secretary General of Jatiya Party. He was as Jatiya Sangsad member representing the Chittagong-9 constituency at the 10th Jatiya Sangsad. He served as the State Minister for Energy during Ershad's regime in the 1980s. He was appointed as an advisor to the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in November 2013.
Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu
জিয়া উদ্দীন আহমেদ বাবলু
|General Secretary of Jatiya Party|
|Assumed office |
26 July 2020
|Preceded by||A.B.M. Ruhul Amin Howlader|
|Member of Parliament|
29 January 2014 – 29 January 2019
|Preceded by||Md. Afsarul Ameen|
|Succeeded by||Mohibul Hasan Chowdhury|
|Born||Chittagong, East Pakistan|
|Political party||Jatiya Party|
Mehe Zebunnesa Rahman
From 1979 to 1983, Bablu was a member of the Dhaka University Senate and from 1981 to 1983, he was the General Secretary of Bangladesh Chhatra League. During that time he also served as the General Secretary of Dhaka University Central Students Union.
In 1985, Bablu was appointed the Deputy Minister for Education in the cabinet of President Hussain Muhammad Ershad. He held that post till 1986 when he was made the Deputy Minister for Port & Shipping,Government of Bangladesh. He was made the tate Minister for Finance in 1987. From 1987 to 1988, he served as the Civil Aviation & Tourism Minister.
From 1988 to 1990, Bablu was the Minister of Power and Energy.
In 2020, Bablu was nominated by Jatiya Party to contest the elections in Chittagong-8. The seat became vacant after the incumbent, Moin Uddin Khan Badal, died. He withdrew his candidacy before the start of the election on instructions from his party. Moslem Uddin Ahmad was elected to parliament from Chittagong-8 as a candidate of Awami League.
On 26 July 2020 he was elected again Secretary General of Jatiya Party.
Bablu accused Awami League led government of harassing activists of Jatiya Party in Narayanganj after a resort was vandalized by supporters of Mamunul Haque, leader of Hefazat-e-Islam Bangladesh on 21 April 2021.
Bablu's first wife Farida Sarkar died in 2005 from cancer. They had a son, Ashik Ahmed. In April 2017, Bablu married Dr. Mehe Zebunnesa Rahman, who is currently the Director of the BBA Programme at North South University. She is the daughter of Merina Rahman, a former Jatiya Party Member of Parliament and the younger sister of Hussain Muhammad Ershad.
- জাতীয় পার্টির নতুন মহাসচিব জিয়াউদ্দিন বাবলু (in Bengali). Daily Jugantor. Retrieved 26 July 2020.
- "List of 10th Parliament Members English". Bangladesh Parliament. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu appointed PM's advisor". Dhaka Tribune. 2013-11-18. Retrieved 2020-01-30.
- "Ziauddin Ahmed (Bablu) -জিয়া উদ্দীন আহমেদ (বাবলু) Biography". Amarmp. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Ziauddin Ahmed (Bablu) -জিয়া উদ্দীন আহমেদ (বাবলু) History". Amarmp. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Ershad replaces party secretary general Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu with Ruhul Amin Howlader". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 16 October 2017.
- "Bablu appointed special assistant to JP chief". The Daily Star. 2016-07-15. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "GM Quader: Ziauddin Ahmed Bablu as candidate for Chittagong-8 constituency". Dhaka Tribune. 2019-12-11. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "MP Moinuddin Khan Badal passes away". Daily Sun. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Jatiya Party to sit out Chattogram-8 by-polls". unb.com.bd. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "চট্টগ্রাম-৮ আসনের উপনিবার্চনে মোছলেম উদ্দিন বেসরকারিভাবে নির্বাচিত". ittefaq. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Jatiya Party accuses govt of harassment over Sonargaon resort vandalism". The Daily Star. 2021-04-21. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- Correspondent, Senior; bdnews24.com. "Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad's niece". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 2021-05-01.
- "Jatiya Party presidium member Bablu marries Ershad's niece". bdnews24.com. 2017-04-22. Retrieved 2020-01-29.