|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
After the Kingdom of Serbia acquired Kosovo in the first Balkan War (1912), Serbia arranged a Military Administration named Žur. The municipality was part of the Srez (Serbian: Šar) of the Prizren District. This administrative subdivision lasted until January 6, 1929, after which the area was made part of the Vardar Banovina in the newly-formed Yugoslavia.
Zhur is located in southwestern Kosovo, five kilometers east of Morina in Albania, and eight kilometers west of Prizren. Neighbouring villages include Poslishta and Billusha to the east, as well as Shkoza to the west. The mountain landscape of the Koritnik starts south of the village.
The M-25 goes directly through the village, and the R7 passes north of the village.
|Climate data for Zhur/Žur (1982-2012)|
|Average high °C||3.4||6.4||11.6||16.4||21.8||25.5||27.9||28||24.1||17.3||9.9||4.9||16.5|
|Average low °C||−2.8||−0.6||2.4||6.2||10.3||13.8||15.4||15.1||11.8||7.4||3.1||−0.8||6.8|
|Average rainfall mm||83||73||72||74||81||55||49||47||68||86||108||98||894|
|Average high °F||38.1||43.5||52.9||61.5||71.2||77.9||82.2||82||75.4||63.1||49.8||40.8||61.7|
|Average low °F||27.0||30.9||36.3||43.2||50.5||56.8||59.7||59.2||53.2||45.3||37.6||30.6||44.2|
|Average rainfall inches||3.3||2.9||2.8||2.9||3.2||2.2||1.9||1.9||2.7||3.4||4.3||3.9||35.2|
- Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008. Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the 2013 Brussels Agreement. Kosovo is currently (this note self-updates) recognized as an independent state by 98 out of the 193 United Nations member states. In total, 113 UN member states recognized Kosovo at some point, of which 15 later withdrew their recognition.
- 2011 Kosovo Census results
- Agimi. "Ndarja administrative në Qarkun e Prizrenit - në vitin 1919". Archived from the original on July 24, 2008. Retrieved June 4, 2017.
- "Klima & Wetter in Zhur". Climate-Data.org. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Ndarja Administrative ne Qarkun e Prizrenit - ne Vitin 1919". Archived from the original on July 24, 2008. Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- Tim Bespyatov. "Kosovo Census". Retrieved May 24, 2017.
- "Popullsia e komunës së Prizrenit sipas vendbanimit, gjinisë dhe etnicitetit 2011" (in Albanian). Statistikagentur des Kosovo. Retrieved May 30, 2017.
- Tim Bespyatov. "Religious composition of Kosovo 2011". Retrieved May 24, 2017.