Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited cricket team
The Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited cricket team, formerly known as Agriculture Development Bank of Pakistan cricket team, was a first-class cricket side in Pakistan. It was sponsored by the Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited. In May 2019, Pakistan's Prime Minister Imran Khan revamped the domestic cricket structure in Pakistan, excluding departmental teams like Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited in favour of regional sides. The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) was criticised in removing departmental sides, with players voicing their concern to revive the teams.
|Owner||Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited|
As the Agriculture Development Bank of Pakistan they played 148 first-class matches from 1985–86 to 2001–02, with 45 wins, 26 losses and 77 draws. When the bank changed its name and structure in 2002, the team also changed its name, beginning with the 2002–03 season, to Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited. Under the name Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited, they played 267 matches, with 86 wins, 68 losses and 113 draws.
In April 2018, they won the Patron's Trophy Grade-II tournament to qualify for the 2018–19 Quaid-e-Azam Trophy. They won their opening match of the tournament, against Lahore Blues, by 151 runs. However, they finished bottom in their group, and were relegated back to the second-tier for the next season. They also finished bottom of their group in the 2018–19 Quaid-e-Azam One Day Cup, winning just one of their seven games.
The following players took part in the Patron's Trophy (Grade II) 2017/18 final:
- Quaid-e-Azam (1)
- Patron's Trophy (3)
- "Imran Khan rejects PCB's new domestic model". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- "Umar Gul: We need departmental cricket back in Pakistan". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 12 September 2020.
- Agriculture Development Bank of Pakistan playing record
- Zarai Taraqiati Bank Limited playing record
- "Patron's Trophy (Grade II) 2017/18". Pakistan Cricket Board. Retrieved 6 August 2018.
- "ZTBL beat Ghani Glass to graduate to Quaid-e-Azam Trophy". The News International. Retrieved 31 July 2018.
- "Pool B, Quaid-e-Azam Trophy at Faisalabad, Sep 1-3 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "ZTBL take First Quaid-e-Azam Trophy". Business Recorder. Retrieved 4 September 2018.
- "Islamabad, ZTBL relegated as HBL reach Super Eight". The International News. Retrieved 23 October 2018.
- "Quaid-e-Azam One Day Cup Table - 2018". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 24 October 2018.