Zapata metro station
Zapata is a station on Line 3 and Line 12 of the Mexico City Metro, in the Benito Juárez borough of Mexico City. The station logo depicts Emiliano Zapata, a national hero from the Mexican Revolution of 1910–1921.
The station serves the Colonia Del Valle and Santa Cruz Atoyac neighborhoods in Benito Juárez. It is located at the intersection of Universidad, Zapata, Municipio Libre, Félix Cuevas and Heriberto Frías.
The station serves both lines as a transfer station and as the northwestern terminus of Line 12. This station used to be the terminus of Line 3; while the line has since been extended south, it still plays an important role in the transportation of the city's inhabitants. The metro station was opened on 25 August 1980. The Line 12 station was opened on 30 October 2012 as a part of the first stretch of Line 12 between Mixcoac and Tláhuac.
Above the station is a microbus base, for a recently built large commercial district a few blocks away, with malls, grocery stores, price clubs, cinemas and restaurants.
- Newspaper Reforma headquarters.
- East: Avenida Universidad and Eje 7 Sur Félix Cuevas, Santa Cruz Atoyac
- Northwest: Avenida Universidad, Santa Cruz Atoyac
- Southwest: Heriberto Frías street and Eje 7 Sur Félix Cuevas, Colonia del Valle
- "12 datos de la 'La línea dorada' del Metro inaugurada este martes" (in Spanish). Aristegui Noticias. 30 October 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2020.
- "Afluencia de estación por línea 2018" (in Spanish). Sistema Transporte Colectivo Metro. 2019. Archived from the original on 6 June 2019. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Zapata" (in Spanish). Sistema de Transporte Colectivo. Archived from the original on 8 August 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Archambault, Richard. "Zapata - Mexico City Metro System". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- Schwandl, Robert. "UrbanRail.Net > Central America > Mexico > Ciudad de Mexico Metro". Retrieved 1 August 2011.
- Monroy, Marco. Schwandl, Robert (ed.). "Opening Dates for Mexico City's Subway". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Servicios.- Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos del D.F.: Línea: D LINEA D EJE 7 - 7 A SUR Fuera de Servicio" (in Spanish). Servicio de Transportes Eléctricos. Archived from the original on 6 August 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Media related to Zapata (station) at Wikimedia Commons