Zagreb Zoo (Croatian: Zoološki vrt Grada Zagreba) is a 7-hectare (17-acre) zoo located within Maksimir Park in Zagreb, Croatia and is across the street from Zagreb's Maksimir Stadium. It is one of three zoo parks in the country.
|45°49′22″N 16°1′19″E / 45.82278°N 16.02194°E|
|Date opened||June 27, 1925|
|Land area||5.5 ha (14 acres)|
7 ha (17 acres) including lakes and ponds
|No. of animals||8,880|
|No. of species||275|
Zagreb Zoo is a member of both the European and the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is a participant in the European Endangered Species Programme.
The zoo opened its doors on June 27, 1925. Reconstruction of the old zoo began in 1990. By October 2016, first part of the Zoo reconstruction and modernization was finished.
The zoo is home to 2,225 animals representing 275 species.
Sea Lion bay
Red panda Trail
- ^ http://www.zagreb-touristinfo.hr/?id=159&solo=22&l=h (in Croatian)
- ^ a b c http://www.zgzoo.com/hr/o-nama/ (in Croatian)
- ^ "EAZA Member Zoos & Aquariums". eaza.net. EAZA. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- ^ "Zoos and Aquariums of the World". waza.org. WAZA. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- ^ http://www.zgzoo.com/hr/o-nama/povijest-zoo-vrta/ (in Croatian)
- ^ Hina (10 January 2020). "ZAGREBAČKI ZOOLOŠKI VRT JEDINI JE NA SVIJETU U KOJEM MOŽETE VIDJETI OVE DVIJE ŽIVOTINJE 'Posjetitelje treba poticati na očuvanje njihovih vrsta'". Jutarnji list (in Croatian).
- ^ "DINARSKI VOLUHAR (Dinaromys bogdanovi)". Zoo.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- ^ "ČOVJEČJA RIBICA (Proteus anguinis)". Zoo.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 16 July 2020.
- Official website
- Novi projekti i sve više sadržaja za posjetitelje (in Croatian)
- Gradi se novi zoološki vrt, gotovo četiri puta veći od maksimirskog! (in Croatian)