Zachary Martin Rosscup (born June 9, 1988) is an American professional baseball pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball (MLB). He previously played in MLB for the Chicago Cubs, Colorado Rockies, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Seattle Mariners.
Rosscup with the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2018
|Toronto Blue Jays – No. 59|
|Born: June 9, 1988|
|September 3, 2013, for the Chicago Cubs|
|MLB statistics |
(through May 16, 2019)
|Earned run average||4.86|
|Career highlights and awards|
Born in Clackamas, Oregon, Rosscup attended Forest Grove High School. Rosscup later attended Chemeketa Community College for two seasons, before being drafted in the MLB. During his freshman season at Chemeketa, Rosscup held a 1.55 ERA and earned numerous honors.
Tampa Bay RaysEdit
Rosscup was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 28th round of the 2009 Major League Baseball Draft out of Chemeketa Community College. The Rays traded Rosscup with Matt Garza and Fernando Perez to the Chicago Cubs for Sam Fuld, Chris Archer, Hak-Ju Lee, Brandon Guyer, and Robinson Chirinos in 2011.
Rosscup was called up to the majors for the first time on September 3, 2013. In ten games he had an ERA of 1.35, but started the 2014 season at Triple A Iowa Cubs. Rosscup was called up again on April 16, 2014, to be available for the Chicago Cubs day-night doubleheader.
On September 23, 2014, Rosscup was credited with his first career win in a walk off Cubs victory against the St. Louis Cardinals.
Los Angeles DodgersEdit
On July 11, 2018, Rosscup was claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Dodgers. On August 19, 2018, Rosscup threw an immaculate inning against the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field in Seattle, Washington.  In 17 games for the Dodgers, he struck out 20 batters in 11 1⁄3 innings. He was designated for assignment on November 20, 2018 and released the following day.
Toronto Blue JaysEdit
- Cubs obtain P Matt Garza from Rays
- Humburg, JD (April 16, 2014). "Ex-Forest Grove left-hander Zac Rosscup back in the big leagues with the Chicago Cubs". The Oregonian. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- Walton, Ryan (July 11, 2018). "Dodgers claim Zac Rosscup from Rockies". SB Nation. Retrieved July 11, 2018.
- Todd, Jeff (November 20, 2018). "Dodgers Designate Erik Goeddel, Release Tom Koehler". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved November 20, 2018.
- Adams, Steve (November 23, 2018). "Dodgers Release Erik Goeddel, Zac Rosscup". MLB Trade Rumors. Retrieved November 23, 2018.
- "Blue Jays claim lefty reliever Rosscup". May 23, 2019. Retrieved May 23, 2019.