Your Face Sounds Familiar (Philippine TV series)
Your Face Sounds Familiar is a singing and impersonation competition for celebrities and is based on the Spanish version of the same name. It debuted on March 14, 2015 on ABS-CBN. It is hosted by Billy Crawford and for the second season, also co-hosted by Melai Cantiveros. Jed Madela, Gary Valenciano and Sharon Cuneta served as the show's judges for the first two seasons. In Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids, Ogie Alcasid replaces Madela, while Valenciano and Cuneta will reprise their roles as judges. The Kids season premiered on January 7, 2017. 
|Your Face Sounds Familiar|
|Based on||Your Face Sounds Familiar|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||111 (as of 2018)|
|Executive producer(s)||Peter Edward Dizon|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||March 14, 2015 –|
August 19, 2018
The Philippine version was first announced by ABS-CBN on its trade show for advertisers in Rockwell Tent, Makati City. In this show, 8 celebrities will compete in a song and dance number while impersonating iconic singers. Each week, the "Iconizer" (called the "Randomizer" in other franchises) will assign the artists of whom they will impersonate. When the iconizer is pressed, the icon the contestant is assigned will be shown, along with a preview of the song they have to perform. 
The first season of the show replaced the timeslot of the second season of The Voice of the Philippines, which ended on March 1, 2015. On March 9, 2015, Sharon Cuneta made a comeback in ABS-CBN; one of her first projects would be a judge in the show with Madela and Valenciano. In earlier announcements, Toni Gonzaga was reported to be one of the judges; however, she was replaced by Cuneta. Every week, the performers would be guided by Annie Quintos of The Company and Georcelle of the G-Force for vocals and choreography respectively.
On April 5, 2015, due to Holy Week, the show only had duets, as Black Saturday pre-empted all non-cable shows.
On April 18–19, 2015, Gary Valenciano temporarily left the show to fulfill his commitment of performing in a series of concerts. He was substituted by Boy Abunda. The same instance happened on May 16–17, 2015, and he was substituted by Vice Ganda.
On June 6, 2015, it was announced that the show will return for a second season in the same year, which premiered on September 12, 2015, replacing the timeslot of the second season of The Voice Kids. By August 2015, Melai Cantiveros, the winner of the first season was announced to co-host the show, impersonating different people. Sharon Cuneta, Gary Valenciano, Jed Madela, and Billy Crawford were announced to return to the show to reprise their former duties.
On August 15, 2016, Crawford announced that the show will return for a third season; which was later on revealed as the Kids edition entitled Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids at the ABS-CBN Trade Launch. On November 22, 2016, Ogie Alcasid, who made a comeback on ABS-CBN, was revealed as the newest addition to the show's judges, replacing Madela. The Kids edition premiered on January 7, 2017. It replaced the timeslot of Kapamilya Weekend Specials filler block, which temporary filled the vacated timeslot of Pinoy Boyband Superstar.
On March 28, 2018, ABS-CBN released a teaser for its upcoming season (season 2 as "Kids" edition, season 4 overall). It premiered on May 5, 2018.
On May 5, 2018, the second season of the Kids edition premiered, replacing the timeslot of the sixth season of Pilipinas Got Talent. Billy Crawford returned as the host of that season. The jury, who serves as the judges of the show, are Ogie Alcasid, Sharon Cuneta and Gary Valenciano. In this season, Jed Madela (vocals) and Nyoy Volante (choreography and movement) will serve as the kids' mentors, replacing Annie Quintos of The Company for vocals and Georcelle Dapat-Sy of the G-Force for choreography, however, Valenciano missed most of the season due to his heart surgery. Season 1 contestants Sam Shoaf, AC Bonifacio and Awra Briguela host the online companion show. The online companion show Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids: Breaktime is hosted by season 1 contestants Sam Shoaf, AC Bonifacio and Awra Briguela. It airs simultaneously with the main show, being streamed live on both the official Facebook page and YouTube channel of the show. Breaktime features behind-the-scene exclusives which are usually not aired on the main show. It also includes interviews of the cast and live comments from the viewers. It may or may not air in future seasons. Gary Valenciano had an emergency heart surgery weeks before the taping. Mentors Jed Madela and Nyoy Volante served as the guest judges until week 13. They gave stars to the kid celebrity performers as one. On Week 15, a duet reunion between Season 1 and Season 2 Kids contestants happened on the show. However, Xia Vigor was unable to perform due to prior commitments. Because of this, Bella Echarri, sister of Kyle Echarri, was invited to perform.
For 12, 13 or 15 weeks, all the celebrity contestants (four male, four female) will complete for a cash prize, half of which will go to their chosen charity. The contestant with the highest points per week will become the weekly winner, and will receive ₱100,000. The top four, five or eight contestants will complete for the public's votes, and the artist with the highest votes will be declared the winner.
Every week the winner will win a cash prize of ₱100,000, half of which would be given to his or her chosen charity. The grand prize is ₱2,000,000, half of which would be given to his or her chosen charity. Every week, the winner will win a cash prize of ₱100,000, half will be given to his or her chosen charity. The grand prize is ₱1,000,000, tickets for 4 to South Korea plus a house and lot. The grand prize of the competition is ₱1,000,000 cash prize. Other prizes for the grand winner include a gadget showcase and a house and lot.
Billy Crawford serves as the host of the local version of Your Face Sounds Familiar. Melai Cantiveros, the winner of the first season, was also added as Billy Crawford's co-host for the second season.
The judges, dubbed as "The Jury" in the show:
- Sharon Cuneta
- Gary Valenciano
- Jed Madela (regular season 1-2 as judge, kids season 2 as mentor, also a guest judge in kids season 2 from Week 3-11)
- Ogie Alcasid (kids season 1-2)
|Season||Overall season||Premiere||Finale||Winner||Second Place||Third Place||Fourth Place||Fifth Place||Host(s)||Judges|
|1||1||14 March 2015||7 June 2015||Melai Cantiveros||Nyoy Volante||Jay R||Edgar Allan Guzman||None||Billy Crawford||Jed Madela|
|2||2||12 September 2015||13 December 2015||Denise Laurel||Michael Pangilinan||Sam Concepcion||KZ Tandingan||Kean Cipriano||Billy Crawford|
A new version of the show, this time showcasing children celebrities, was conceptualized. The first season began airing on January 7, 2017.
|Season||Overall season||Premiere||Finale||Winner||Second Place||Third Place||Fourth Place||Fifth Place||Sixth Place||Seventh Place||Eighth Place||Host(s)||Judges|
|Kids 1||3||7 January 2017||9 April 2017||Awra Briguela||Elha Nympha||AC Bonifacio||Justin Alva||Xia Vigor||Sam Shoaf||Lyca Gairanod||Alonzo Muhlach||Billy Crawford||Sharon Cuneta|
|Kids 2||4||5 May 2018||19 August 2018||TNT Boys||Onyok Pineda||Esang de Torres||Sheena Belarmino||Krystal Brimner||Noel Comia Jr.||Chun-sa Jung||Marco Masa|
On August 25–26, 2018, one week after the finals of the second season of the kids edition, a special entitled Your Face Sounds Familiar: The All-Star Reunion Special was aired featuring the contestants from all four seasons. The first 5 performances occurred on the Saturday episode, while the last three performances occurred during the Sunday episode.
All Star Reunion Specials (August 25 & 26)Edit
- Additional performance
- YFSF All Star Reunion - "Feel This Moment"
- Episode hashtag
- #YFSFAllStarReunion (Saturday)
- #YFSFFinalImpersonation (Sunday)
- Your Face Sounds Familiar
- "'Your Face Sounds Familiar' coming to ABS-CBN". ABS-CBN News. 17 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Meet 8 celebs joining 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'". ABS-CBN News. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "For Sharon, there's no place like home". ABS-CBN News. 9 March 2015. Retrieved 10 March 2015.
- "Gary V leaving 'Your Face'; replacement named". ABS-CBN News. 10 April 2015. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- MJ Felipe @mjfelipe - THIS JUST IN: Your Face Sounds Familiar Kids to air in January 2017 - Sharon Cuneta, Gary V and newest Kapamilya - OGIE ALCASID.
- Reggee Bonoan (February 9, 2015). "'Your Face Sounds Familiar,' ipapalit sa 'The Voice of the Philippines'" (in Filipino). Balita. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Nathalie Tomada (March 10, 2015). "Sharon Kapamilya again". The Philippine Star. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- "Meet jury of 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'". ABS-CBN News. March 11, 2015. Retrieved March 11, 2015.
- "Meet the 8 celebs joining 'Your Face Sounds Familiar 2'". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. August 21, 2015. Retrieved August 20, 2015.
- "Melai to co-host season 2 of 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'". ABS-CBN News. August 2015. Retrieved August 26, 2015.
- "'Your Face Sounds Familiar' season 2 celebrity contestants revealed". Rappler. August 15, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
- News, ABS-CBN. "Gary Valenciano undergoes heart surgery". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Celebrities impersonate Legendary Music Performers in "Your face Sounds Familiar"". Your Face Sounds Familiar. ABS-CBN. March 5, 2015. Retrieved March 7, 2015.
- "How 'Your Face Sounds Familiar' game show works". ABS-CBN News. March 11, 2015. Retrieved March 16, 2015.
- "Melai to co-host season 2 of 'Your Face Sounds Familiar'". ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs. August 25, 2015. Retrieved August 16, 2015.
- "Your Face Sounds Familiar - Jury". ABS-CBN. Retrieved April 25, 2015.