Your Best Friend (film)
Your Best Friend is a 1922 American silent drama film written and directed by William Nigh. The film stars Vera Gordon, Harry Benham, Stanley Price, and Belle Bennett. The film was released by Warner Bros. on March 26, 1922. It is not known whether the film survives.
|Your Best Friend|
|Directed by||William Nigh|
|Produced by||Harry Rapf|
|Screenplay by||William Nigh|
|Story by||William Nigh|
|Cinematography||John W. Brown|
Harry Rapf Productions
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
|Box office||$143,000 (worldwide rentals)|
As described in a film magazine, Mrs. Esther Meyers (Gordon) moves from her modest home to one of the elite in the West End. Here she sees her daughter-in-law Aida (Bennett) and the latter's mother (Mason) squander her hard-earned savings on gay parties and teas. When she tries to mother her little niece or become part of her son's household, she is snubbed and rebuffed and called old-fashioned by Aida. Then her son Harry (Price) admits to absconding with a banks funds. To save him from jail, and to save the reputation of her other son Robert (Benham) whose ambition is to become a district attorney, Mrs. Meyers gives up all her money and sells her jewelry to make good the loss. Back to her former home she goes. It is here that a recognition of her true worth comes to Aida and they have a happy reconciliation.
According to Warner Bros records, the film earned $132,000 domestically and $11,000 foreign.
- Glancy, H Mark (1995). "Warner Bros Film Grosses, 1921–51: the William Schaefer ledger". Historical Journal of Film Radio and Television. 15.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1-31 p 1 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- "Your Best Friend (1922) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- Janiss Garza. "Your Best Friend (1922) - William Nigh". AllMovie. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- "Your Best Friend". Catalog.afi.com. Retrieved 2017-11-23.
- Progressive Silent Film List: Your Best Friend at silentera.com
- "Reviews: Your Best Friend". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 14 (15): 71. April 8, 1922.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Your Best Friend (1922 film).|
|This 1920s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|