Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation
YPO is a publicly owned central purchasing body  based in Wakefield, Yorkshire. It is owned and governed by a consortium of county, metropolitan and borough councils in Yorkshire and the North West England. It provides a wide range of resources and services to schools, councils, charities, emergency services, and other public sector organisations. It claims to be the ‘largest formally constituted public sector buying organisation in the UK’.
|Industry||Public Sector Procurement|
|Headquarters||Wakefield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom|
YPO was formed as the Yorkshire Purchasing Organisation in 1974 as a joint committee of local authorities, and grew through the 1970s and 80s as schools gained power of their own budgets under the Local Management of Schools provisions of the Education Reform Act 1988. The organisation is unsubsidised and budgets to make a small surplus each year, with profits returned to member authorities and customers.
- "About Us: YPO At A Glance". Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- As defined in Public Contracts Regulations 2015, regulation 37
- "YPO brings its bulk buying power to the private sector". Yorkshire Post. 22 September 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "About Us : Structure". Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- "YORKSHIRE PURCHASING ORGANISATION" (PDF). www2.wigantoday.net. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "YPO celebrates four decades of supplying the public sector". Wakefield Express. 18 May 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "FORMATION OF A YORKSHIRE PURCHASING ORGANISATION" (PDF). democracy.york.gov. 1 April 2014. Retrieved 17 January 2016.
- "About Us; History". Retrieved 31 March 2012.
- Walker Morris advises YPO on proposed acquisition of Findel Education
|This article about a service company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|