Yorke Peninsula Council
The Yorke Peninsula Council is a local government area in South Australia. Its boundaries include most of the Yorke Peninsula. The council seat is at Maitland; the council also maintains branch offices at Minlaton, Warooka and Yorketown.
|Yorke Peninsula Council|
|Population||11,056 (2016 Census)|
|• Density||1.89510/km2 (4.9083/sq mi)|
|Established||10 February 1997:824|
|Area||5,834 km2 (2,252.5 sq mi)|
|Region||Yorke and Mid North|
|Website||Yorke Peninsula Council|
It came into existence on 10 February 1997 as a result of the amalgamation of the District Council of Central Yorke Peninsula, the District Council of Minlaton, the District Council of Warooka and the District Council of Yorketown.:824 It was named as the District Council of Yorke Peninsula at its inception, but was renamed to Yorke Peninsula Council in 2013.:823
Yorke Peninsula Council includes the towns and localities of:
- Black Point
- Bluff Beach
- Chinaman Wells
- Clinton Centre
- Corny Point
- Couch Beach
- Foul Bay
- Hardwicke Bay
- James Well
- Marion Bay
- Parsons Beach
- Pine Point
- Point Pearce
- Point Souttar
- Point Turton
- Port Arthur
- Port Julia
- Port Moorowie
- Port Rickaby
- Port Victoria
- Port Vincent
- Rogues Point
- Sheaoak Flat
- South Kilkerran
- Sultana Point
- The Pines
- Tiddy Widdy Beach
- White Hut
- Wool Bay
- Yorke Valley
|Gum Flat||Naomi Bittner|
|Innes Pentonvale||Adam Meyer|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Yorke Peninsula (DC)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- Kotz, D.C. (6 February 1997). "LOCAL GOVERNMENT ACT 1934 SECTIONS 7 AND 14: AMALGAMATION OF THE DISTRICT COUNCIL OF CENTRAL YORKE PENINSULA, THE DISTRICT COUNCIL OF MINLATON, THE DISTRICT COUNCIL OF YORKETOWN AND THE DISTRICT COUNCIL OF WAROOKA" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian government. pp. 823–825. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "YORKE PENINSULA COUNCIL". 2018 Council Elections Results Page. Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Yorke and Mid North SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- Narungga (Map). Electoral District Boundaries Commission. 2016. Retrieved 1 March 2018.
- "Development Plan - Yorke Peninsula Council" (PDF). pp. 232&341. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 June 2015. Retrieved 24 July 2015.
- "Branch Offices". Yorke Peninsula Council. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "YORKE PENINSULA COUNCIL, Review of Elector Representation" (PDF). South Australian Government Gazette (78 ed.). Government of South Australia. 2013: 4503. 5 December 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2017.
- "Search results for 'Yorke Peninsula (Pen)' with the following datasets selected - 'Suburbs and Localities' and 'Local Government Areas'". Location SA Map Viewer. South Australian government. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 15 February 2016.
- Huston, D. A. (15 May 1997). "DISTRICT COUNCIL OF YORKE PENINSULA Periodical Election Results" (PDF). The South Australian Government Gazette. South Australian government. p. 1994. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Maitland Matters: March 2014" (PDF). Maitland & District Progress Association. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Novak, Lauren (28 September 2006). "Record number want to be mayor". The Advertiser.