|• Additional||English, French|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Yanam district occupies an area of 20 square kilometres (7.7 sq mi),
It is located south of Kakinada port on the north bank of Godavari river, slightly inland. It is bordered and surrounded by Konaseema district on South and Kakinada district on north (Districts of Andhra State)
Apart from the town of Yanam itself, the following villages fall under the district's jurisdiction:
According to the 2011 census Yanam district has a population of 55,626, roughly equal to the island of Greenland. This gives it a ranking of 629th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 3,272 inhabitants per square kilometre (8,470/sq mi). Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 77.15%. Yanam has a sex ratio of 1039 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 80.26%.
- "The Pondicherry Official Languages Act, 1965" (PDF). lawsofindia.org. Laws of India. Archived from the original (PDF) on 3 May 2020. Retrieved 10 June 2019.
- Animesh Rai (2020). The Legacy of French Rule in India (1674-1954): An investigation of a process of Creolization. Institut français de Pondichéry. ISBN 9791036549892.
- Srivastava, Dayawanti, ed. (2010). "States and Union Territories: Pondicherry: Government". India 2010: A Reference Annual (54th ed.). New Delhi, India: Additional Director General, Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India), Government of India. p. 1222. ISBN 978-81-230-1617-7.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 30 September 2011.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Archived from the original on 13 June 2007. Retrieved 1 October 2011.
Greenland, 57,670, July 2011 est.