Xiaomi Mi MIX 2
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is an Android phablet manufactured by Xiaomi. It was first announced and released in China in September 2017 and later was launched in India at an event in Delhi on 10 October 2017. It is the successor to the Xiaomi Mi MIX. The ceramic body was designed by Philippe Starck.
|First released||September 2017|
|Predecessor||Xiaomi Mi MIX|
|Successor||Xiaomi Mi MIX 3|
|Related||Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S|
|Dimensions||151.8 mm × 75.5 mm × 7.7 mm (5.98 in × 2.97 in × 0.30 in)|
|Mass||185 g (6.5 oz)|
|Operating system||Android 7.1 "Nougat" (MIUI 8) Upgradeable to Android 9.0 "Pie" (MIUI 12)|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon 835|
|CPU||Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz & 4×2.19 GHz) Kryo|
|Memory||6 or 8 GB LPDDR4x RAM|
|Storage||64, 128 or 256 GB UFS 2.1|
|Rear camera||12 MP (1.25 μm) Sony Exmor RS imx386, f/2.0, 4K at 30 fps, 1080p at 30 fps, 720p at 120 fps|
|Front camera||5 MP, f/2.0, OmniVision OV5675|
The Mi MIX 2 is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, with either 6 or 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM. It has a 5.99 inches (152 mm) 1080p IPS LCD display, and features a 4-axis OIS camera system. Storage options include 64, 128 or 256 GB in China, but only 128 GB in India. The handset features a fingerprint scanner on the rear, and a front camera on the lower. It features a 3,400 mAh battery with a USB-C reversible connector which supports Quick Charge 3.0. It also has a four-sided curved ceramic body. It does not feature a 3.5mm headphone jack and comes with a USB-C to 3.5mm headphone jack adapter provided in the box.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2SEdit
Xiaomi unveiled a new version of the Mi MIX 2, the Mi MIX 2S, on March 27, 2018. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, it features the same 5.99 inches (152 mm) 1080p IPS LCD display found on the Mi MIX 2, a new dual 12 MP camera, Qi wireless charging, and is pre-loaded with Android 8.0 Oreo. The Mi MIX 2S received a score of 97 on DxOMark.
In reviews, the general feedback was favorable, with critics praising the more accessible elements of it over the original Mi Mix such as worldwide LTE bands, a lower price than the original Mi Mix, a smaller display and a traditional earpiece speaker to replace the piezoelectric speaker in the original Mi Mix. Users are reporting 4G connection issues in France on Orange and Bouygues Networks. Also, the phone does not support 4G+ Carrier Aggregation Intern and (B3+ B7) which is widely used in Europe.
- "Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 - Full phone specifications". gsmarena.com. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- McFerran, Damien. "Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review". TechRadar. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review (23 October 2017). "Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review: Camera". Gsmarena.com. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review: Astouding, audacious, accessible". Android Central. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- By <%= author %> (29 January 2018). "Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Review". Digital Trends. Retrieved 12 September 2018.
- "Mi MIX 2 With Bezel-Less Display Launched With Rs. 35,999 Price Tag". NDTV Gadgets360.com. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Mi MIX 2S announced, hands on". engadget.com. Retrieved 27 March 2018.
- Carroll, Paul (27 March 2018). "Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S: A Chinese gem". DxOMark. Retrieved 12 September 2018.