XXXVIII Army Corps (Wehrmacht)
The German XXXVIII Corps (XXXVIII Armeekorps) was a German army corps during World War II.
|XXXVIII Army Corps|
|Generalkommando XXXVIII. Armeekorps|
|Active||21 January 1940 – 8 May 1945|
Leningrad Strategic Defensive
Siege of Leningrad
On 8 January 1945, the XXXVIII Corps was redesignated as the XXXVIII Tank Corps (XXXVIII Panzerkorps).
- Field Marshal (Generalfeldmarschall) Erich von Manstein - 1 February 1940 to 28 February 1941
- Infantry General (General der Infanterie) Friedrich-Wilhelm von Chappuis - 15 March 1941 to 23 April 1942
- Infantry General (General der Infanterie) Siegfried Haenicke - 23 April 1942 to 29 June 1942
- Artillery General (General der Artillerie) Kurt Herzog - 29 June 1942 to 8 January 1945
- Artillery General (General der Artillerie) Horst von Mellenthin - 8 January 1945 to 16 March 1945 (as the XXXVIII Tank Corps)
- Artillery General (General der Artillerie) Kurt Herzog - 16 March 1945 - 10 May 1945
Area of operationsEdit
- Tessin, Georg (1971). Die Landstreifkräfte 31–70 [Ground forces 31 to 70]. Verbände und Truppen der deutschen Wehrmacht und Waffen-SS 1939–1945 (in German). 5. Osnabrück: Biblio.