XHTDMX-TDT is a television station in Mexico City, an owned-and-operated station of the Monterrey-based Multimedios Televisión network. Owned by Grupo Multimedios through the subsidiary company Televisión Digital, S.A. de C.V., it broadcasts on physical channel 11 and virtual channel 6 from the Canal Once tower on Cerro del Chiquihuite.
|Channels||Digital: 11 (VHF)|
(Televisión Digital, S.A. de C.V.)
|First air date||12 April 2018 (testing)|
14 August 2018 (unofficial launch)
27 August 2018 (full schedule launch)
|Call letters' meaning||Televisión Digital, Ciudad de MéXico|
|Transmitter power||170 kW|
The station began testing on 12 April 2018, making it the first of the six Multimedios stations won in the auction to broadcast, and activated its second and third subchannels on 4 July. Multimedios programming officially launched programming on the main signal the night of 14 August 2018 with the launch of the second season of the network's inter-network dance competition program, Bailadísimo, and began to have the full network programming schedule on-air as of 27 August.
Multimedios is building studio facilities in Mexico City in the former home of the Novedades newspaper to begin local program production in the capital (including a local branch of Multimedios' Telediario news division); the network had previously used a small bureau to cover national news events in the capital. The American cable/satellite version of Multimedios carries the noon-1 p.m. and 7 p.m.-8 p.m. segments of XHTDMX's Telediario broadcasts, along with Futbol al Dia and Multimedios Deportes.
The 6.2 and 6.3 subchannels use MPEG-4 compression.
XHTDMX-TDT has two operating repeaters. One is on RF channel 12 at Tultepec, State of Mexico, broadcasting with 7 kW ERP. Another, on channel 11, was authorized for Valle de Chalco Solidaridad, also with 7 kW ERP, in August 2019.
- Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones. Infraestructura de Estaciones de TDT. Last modified 2018-05-16. Retrieved 16 March 2019. Technical information from the IFT Coverage Viewer.
- Lucas, Nicolás (29 May 2018). "Canal Once renta su antena al canal 6.1 de Milenio por 1.6 millones de pesos al año". El Economista (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Final Report on Concessions Issued in IFT-6
- Castanares, Itzel (14 August 2018). "Multimedios TV arrancará programación en vivo" [Multimedios TV will start live programming]. El Financiero (in Spanish). Retrieved 15 August 2018.
- de la Rosa, Enrique (14 February 2018). "La estrategia de Multimedios para la "cuarta cadena" mexicana". TodoTVNews (in Spanish). Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Instituto Federal de Telecomunicaciones. Listado de Autorizaciones de Acceso a Multiprogramación. Last modified 9 May 2019. Retrieved 6 June 2019.
- RPC: #037878 Shadow XHTDMX, Valle de Chalco Solidaridad, Mex.