Rakuten TV(Redirected from Wuaki.tv)
Rakuten TV is a video-on-demand (VOD) streaming service, offering movies and TV series for subscription, rental and purchase. Rakuten TV’s catalogue includes content from the biggest studios around the world including Warner Bros., Disney, Sony Pictures Entertainment and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, local distributors, and independent labels, being the smallest and least known service among its competitors.
|Founder||Jacinto Roca, Josep Mitjà|
Jacinto Roca (CEO)|
Josep Mitjà (COO)
Miquel Barba (CTO)
|Products||Video on demand films and tv series|
Number of employees
The company is headquartered in Barcelona and currently operates in eleven countries around Europe; Spain, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Portugal and Switzerland.
In July 2017 – Wuaki.tv changed its name to Rakuten TV.
In May 2018 - Rakuten took over the user base from TalkTalk TV Store (previously Blinkbox) including migration of user purchased titles.
- Woods, Ben. "Wuaki.Tv Is Now Available to Stream on Chromecast in the UK". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv streaming service now available on Xbox 360, £2.99 a month for life offer still on - Pocket-lint". www.pocket-lint.com. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki.tv video service gets Android, iPad app support in UK". Engadget. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- "Wuaki launches new 4K smart TV app » Digital TV Europe". www.digitaltveurope.net. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
- Wauters, Robin. "Rakuten Acquires Spanish Video-On-Demand Company Wuaki.tv". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-04-19.
|This Spanish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|