World Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day (10 October) is a day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma. It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more than 150 countries. This day, each October, thousands of supporters come to celebrate this annual awareness program to bring attention to mental illness and its major effects on peoples' life worldwide. In some countries this day is part of an awareness week, such as Mental Health Week in Australia.
World Mental Health Day themesEdit
|2018||Young people and mental health in a changing world|
|2017||Mental health in the workplace|
|2016||Psychological First Aid|
|2015||Dignity in Mental Health|
|2014||Living with Schizophrenia|
|2013||Mental health and older adults|
|2012||Depression: A Global Crisis|
|2011||The Great Push: Investing in Mental Health|
|2010||Mental Health and Chronic Physical Illnesses|
|2009||Mental Health in Primary Care: Enhancing Treatment and Promoting Mental Health|
|2008||Making Mental Health a Global Priority: Scaling up Services through Citizen Advocacy and Action|
|2007||Mental Health in A Changing World: The Impact of Culture and Diversity|
|2006||Building Awareness – Reducing Risk: Mental Illness & Suicide|
|2005||Mental and Physical Health Across the Life Span|
|2004||The Relationship Between Physical & Mental Health: co-occurring disorders|
|2003||Emotional and Behavioural Disorders of Children & Adolescents|
|2002||The Effects of Trauma and Violence on Children & Adolescents|
|2000-01||Mental Health and Work|
|1999||Mental Health and Ageing|
|1998||Mental Health and Human Rights|
|1997||Children and Mental Health|
|1996||Women and Mental Health|
- Jenkins, Rachel; Lynne Friedli; Andrew McCulloch; Camilla Parker (2002). Developing a National Mental Health Policy. Psychology Press. p. 65. ISBN 978-1-84169-295-1.
- Watson, Robert W. (2006). White House Studies Compendium, Volume 5. Nova Science Publishers. p. 69. ISBN 978-1-60021-542-1.
- "World Mental Health Day". Mental Health in Family Medicine. 7 (1): 59–60. 2010.
- Mental Health Week: 7 Ways You Can Get Involved 2 October 2015 Retrieved 15 October 2015
- "WHO | Previous World Mental Health Days".
- "World Mental Health Day History - World Federation for Mental Health". World Federation for Mental Health. Retrieved 2018-10-04.