World Journal of Gastroenterology
World Journal of Gastroenterology is a weekly peer-reviewed open access medical journal that covers research in gastroenterology. It was established in 1995 and is published by Baishideng Publishing Group, which was included on Beall's list of predatory publishers. The editor-in-chief is Andrzej S. Tarnawski (California State University, Long Beach).
|Edited by||Andrzej S. Tarnawski|
|China National Journal of New Gastroenterology|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution Non-commercial|
|World J. Gastroenterol.|
Abstracting and indexingEdit
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
In 2004, the journal was delisted from the Journal Citation Reports for excessive self-citation, but it was restored to this index in 2008, at which time its impact factor was determined to be 2.081. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 impact factor of 3.365, ranking it 29th out of 79 journals in the category "Gastroenterology and Hepatology".
- "Beall's List of Predatory Journals and Publishers". Thinkchecksubmit. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Serials cited". CAB Abstracts. CABI. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "CAS Source Index". Chemical Abstracts Service. American Chemical Society. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Thomson Reuters. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "World Journal of Gastroenterology: WJG". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- Monastersky, Richard (October 14, 2005). "The number that's devouring science: The impact factor, once a simple way to rank scientific journals, has become an unyielding yardstick for hiring, tenure, and grants". Chronicle of Higher Education. 52 (9). p. A12.
- Davis, Phil (October 17, 2011), "Gaming the impact factor puts journal in time-out", The Scholarly Kitchen (blog).
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Gastroenterology and Hepatology". 2016 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2017.