World Business Forum
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2016)
The World Business Forum is an annual global business summit held in New York City. A 2008 Burson-Marsteller survey ranked the forum among the world's top five most influential venues for C-Suite executives. The event is organized by WOBI, an executive education and management content firm.
|World Business Forum|
|Begins||October 20, 2020|
|Ends||October 21, 2020|
|Location(s)||David Geffen Hall, New York City, NY|
|Participants||over 5000 top-level business executives|
The yearly summit brings together over 5,000 attendees, consisting mostly of senior executives, from over 60 countries to hear the debate and discussions of top political and business leaders as well as renowned intellectuals about the current issues and challenges of the world business environment and global economy.
The World Business Forum in New York City launched in 2004. Past speakers in the World Business Forum included political figures such as Bill Clinton, Kofi Annan, Rudy Giuliani, Tony Blair and Colin Powell, CEOs such as Jack Welch, Richard Branson, Herb Kelleher and John Chambers, financial experts Alan Greenspan and Jeremy Siegel as well as management experts Tom Peters, Peter Drucker and Michael Porter among others.
- Ben Bernanke: THE FUTURE OF THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
- Robert Redford: A CONVERSATION ON CREATIVITY, TALENT AND THE SEARCH FOR MEANING
- Malcolm Gladwell: THE ART OF BATTLING GIANTS
- Daniel Gilbert (psychologist): MAKING DECISIONS THAT ARE RIGHT FOR YOU
- Sir Ken Robinson: CULTIVATING CREATIVITY
- Peter Diamandis: CREATING AN AGE OF ABUNDANCE
- Blake Mycoskie: START SOMETHING THAT MATTERS
- Ian Bremmer: WINNERS AND LOSERS IN A G-ZERO WORLD
- Simon Sinek: WHY LEADERS EAT LAST
- Claudio Fernández-Aráoz: IT’S NOT THE HOW OR THE WHAT BUT THE WHO
- Linda Hill: LEVERAGING YOUR ORGANIZATION’S COLLECTIVE GENIUS
- Rita McGrath: THE END OF COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
- Phillipe Starck: CREATIVITY & OPENING THE DOORS OF THE HUMAN BRAIN
- Marcus Buckingham
- Jack Welch
- Fareed Zakaria
- Michael Porter
- Lynda Gratton
- Robert Gates
- Sherry Turkle
- Richard Branson
- Barbara Corcoran
- Mark King
- Don Tapscott
- Jim Collins
75% of attendees to the World Business Forum are at director level or above, and 30% are C-Suite executives.
The event is organized by WOBI, an executive education and management content firm which has been holding business conferences globally for over 20 years under the names World Business Forum and ExpoManagement. In addition to the World Business Forum in New York, WOBI organizes business forums around the world as well as other forums including the WOBI On Innovation.
- [dead link]
- "Who We Are". HSM. Archived from the original on December 24, 2008. Retrieved December 15, 2008.
- [permanent dead link]
- "WOBI : World of Business Ideas". Archived from the original on 2009-05-02. Retrieved 2009-06-11.
- "HSM Speakers". Archived from the original on December 24, 2008. Retrieved December 15, 2008.
- "David Rubenstein Joins World Business Forum to Speak about Global Economic Crisis". Business Wire. Feb 18, 2009. Archived from the original on 3 December 2010. Retrieved 6 January 2018 – via FindArticles.com - CBSi.
- HSM Americas, Inc. Personal interview. 11 June 2009.
- "World Business Forum NYC 2019". World Business Forum NYC 2019. Retrieved 2019-04-23.