Workers' Party (Montenegro)
The Workers' Party (Serbian: Радничка партија / Radnička partija, RP) is minor left-wing, populist and socially conservative political party in Montenegro. Party currently has one MP in the Parliament of Montenegro elected from the list of the Democratic Front in the 2016 election.
|Founded||3 March 2015|
|Political position||Fiscal: Left-wing|
|National affiliation||Democratic Front|
1 / 81
The party was established on 3 March 2015 by Janko Vučinić, former union leader. Since its foundation until 2019, RP was a constituent member of the opposition populist Democratic Front (DF) alliance. In March 2019, the Workers' Party left the coalition with Democratic Front.
On 1 May 2019, the Workers' Party decided to sign an agreement with Socialist People's Party (SNP), United Montenegro (UCG) and Independent parliamentary group to form a big tent political alliance under the name For the Benefit of All.
Party leader Vučinić died on October 25, 2019. On November 7, the party announced that party vice-president Željka Savković would replace Vučinić as new party member of Parliament of Montenegro. On December 9, the Workers' Party elected Vučinić's son Maksim Vučinić, an electrical engineer for the new Party president.
DSI eventually dissolved prior the parliamentary election in August 2020. In July 2020 United Montenegro, jointly with the Workers' Party and Independent group in the parliament (composed of former members of SNP and DEMOS parties), agreed to form a new cultural conservative political alliance under the name Popular Movement (NP), employing a more significant cultural and socially conservative discourse, supporting 2019-2020 clerical protests in Montenegro and Serbian Orthodox Church rights in Montenegro, continuing its activity within the joint electoral list with Democratic Front and the SNP.
|Year||Popular vote||% of popular vote||Overall seats won||Seat change||Coalition||Government|
1 / 81
1 / 81
1 / 81
|— 0||ZBCG||gov't support|
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2016). "Montenegro". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 4 July 2018.
- Radnička partija: Atentat na Davidovića i vladiku Joanikija imao za namjeru suzbijanje izlaska naroda na sabor 21. decembra, in4s.net
- Vučinić: Radnička Partija za prava običnog čovjeka, portalanalitika.me
- Radnička partija istupila iz DF-a: Ne pristajemo da budemo marginalizovani CdM (March 2019)
- Potpisan sporazum "Da svako ima", Vijesti, 1 May 2019
- New political alliance to be set up soon CdM portal
- Savković nova poslanica, 7 November 2019, Antena M
- Radnička partija utočište za obespravljene radnike, RTCG
- DF, SNP, Narodni pokret i Prava zajedno na izborima