The Workers' House (Persian: خانه کارگر xâne-ye kârgar) is the Iranian de facto national trade union center affiliated with the World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU) and a registered reformist worker's political organization/labour union. It oversees and coordinates activities of Islamic Labour Councils.
|General Secretary||Alireza Mahjoub|
|Legalised||January 4, 1992|
as political organization
|Newspaper||Work and Worker (unofficial)|
|Political branch||Islamic Labour Party|
|Former political affiliation|
|Religion||Islam (Since 1981)|
|National affiliation||Council for Coordinating the Reforms Front|
|International affiliation||World Federation of Trade Unions (WFTU)|
|Slogan||Arabic: لَّيْسَ لِلْإِنسَانِ إِلَّا مَا سَعَى “Human is entitled to nothing but his own efforts”. [Quran 53:39]|
|Media organ||Iranian Labour News Agency|
3 / 290
|Tehran City Council|
1 / 21
|Isfahan City Council|
1 / 13
|Tabriz City Council|
1 / 13
In 1998, Worker’s House stated that ⅓ of Iranian workers were its members, however there is no independent verification for this claim.
International Labour Organization (ILO) recognizes the dependence of the union on the government. After confrontation with the Government of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the union has been losing its state-supported status.
The union also operates the Iranian Labour News Agency (ILNA) since 2002 with an aim to 'inform dissemination for the toiling stratum of labourers, and with justice-centered discourse as its motto'. Work and Worker daily is also published by Ali Rabiei, a key member.
- "List of Legally Registerred Parties in Iran". Khorasan Newspaper. Pars Times. July 30, 2000. p. 4. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Khani, Mohamamd Hassan (17 July 2012). "Political Parties in the Islamic Republic of Iran". Iran Review. Retrieved 1 April 2016.
- Nomani, Farhad; Behdad, Sohrab (2012), Labor Rights and the Democracy Movement in Iran: Building a Social Democracy, 10, Northwestern Journal of International Human Rights, pp. 212–230, ISSN 1549-828X
- Jahanbegloo, Ramin (2011), Civil Society and Democracy in Iran, Lexington Books, p. 249, ISBN 0739172239
- Seraji, Mostafa; Hassan, K. H. (2013), Status and Roles of Iranian Workers' Associations (PDF), 7, International Business Management Journal, pp. 172–181, ISSN 1993-5250
- Shahidi, Hossein (2007), Journalism in Iran: From Mission to Profession, Routledge, pp. 64, 104, ISBN 1134093918
|This article related to an Asian trade union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iran-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|