This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Available in||English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Turkish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean|
The first version of WorkNC CAM software was released by Sescoi in 1988. The driving forces behind the product were Bruno Marko, president of Sescoi, and Gerard Billard, R&D Innovation Manager.
The company released WorkNC-CAD in 2002 followed by WorkNC 5-axis in 2003. WorkNC G3, was released in 2007.
WorkNC CAM main functions include:
- Automatic geometry and machining zone detection and management
- Toolpaths designed for High Speed Machining
- User stock definition (block, CAD, STL)
- Dynamic 3 and 3+2 stock Management
- Collision detection with automatic stock update
- Machining simulation
- Tool and tool holder library
- HTML workshop documentation.
- Estimated machining times can be exported to WorkPLAN
- Predefined machining sequences for automatic machining
- Machining STL files and point clouds
- Batch mode calculations
- Postprocessor generator
- Ttrochoidal high speed machining
- Collision detection and automatic stock updates
- Rest Machining based on dynamic stock
- Z Level, planar, flat surface , contour, and edge finishing
- Rest-material finishing
- Automatic 5 Axis conversion
2 and 2.5 Axis toolpathsEdit
- Pocketing, contouring, curve machining, engraving, rib machining, facing, drilling, tapping
- Automatic Drilling Module and pre-defined drilling sequence selection
- Automatic feature detection and recognition
5 Axis toolpathsEdit
Supported CAD formatsEdit
Simple user interface. Its toolpaths also include support for nesting and orientating prosthetic implants, as well as tools for adding support pins and identification markings.
Intelligence within the system considers the limitations of the machine tool to automatically produce collision free toolpaths.
WorkNC MPM (Multi-Part Machining)Edit
A CAD/CAM module that allows multiple parts to be simultaneously machined on the same machine.
No programming is required and no supplementary part origin data need to be defined.
The software ensures collision-free paths as it moves across the job. MPM automatically determines a safe retract height.
WorkNC LMP (Layer Milling Process)Edit
WorkNC LMP is a CAD/CAM software for cutting parts in layers, a well-known technique for machining deep and narrow cavities.
WorkNC-LMP automatically divides 3D models and creates roughing and finishing toolpaths for each layer. This technology can be used on any machining center, simplifying the programming and cutting of complex shapes by building them up in manageable sections.
Sescoi worked in collaboration with F. Zimmermann, combining the speed and accuracy of the dedicated Zimmermann LMC (Layer Milling Centre) with Sescoi's WorkNC-LMP. By using the software in conjunction with the machine all the toolpaths and special machine control sequences are automatically generated to cut parts in unmanned operation.
The LMC works from underneath, using high-speed techniques to machine each layer in turn. As each layer is roughed and finished a new plate is bonded, ready for the next machining operation, this continues until the finished part is built up. WorkNC-LMP automates this process starting from the CAD model, firstly splitting it into layers, and then generating both the roughing and finishing toolpaths for each layer. This technique is ideal for high speed machining enabling the use of short and rigid cutters, and eliminates the possibility of a collision. WorkNC-LMP allows to select the material from a materials library and controls factors such as surface roughening prior to bonding, cutting adhesive channels to control excess glue, overlapping of cutter paths to remove traces of glue, and paths for the application of adhesive between layers. It provides the visual control of all toolpaths and the calculation of the estimated total machining time.
WorkNC-LMP combines the advantages of generative rapid prototyping with conventional machining, and is the latest example of the company's resolve to make new processes a reality for its customers.
WorkNC Wire EDMEdit
WorkNC Wire EDM is a CAD/CAM software for Wire Electrical discharge machining. Dialog boxes guide the user through the system. Functions within WorkNC Wire EDM allow the extraction of cross sections, ready for 2- or 4-axis cutting. Alternatively, the 3D surfaces of the CAD model can be used directly.
It also includes graphical verification to automatically check for collisions and the maximum wire angle possible on each individual EDM machine. The latest version makes it easy to extract and link 4-axis wire paths. Dialog boxes guide the user through the process making it simple to add tags, create roughing and finishing wire paths, lead in and out moves, a range of corner strategies, and tag removal cycles. Postprocessors and technology libraries are included for all leading machines.
WorkNC-CAD is a manufacturing CAD software with surface and solid modeling functions. It is included free as a standard integrated component of WorkNC. It provides features required to design and manufacture molds, dies, and tooling without the need for additional software applications or outsourcing.
WorkNC-CAD has advanced intelligent surface morphing for filling simple or complex cavities, automatic 2D feature recognition and cycle definition for drilling, counterboring, reaming and tapping, as well as automatic mold and die core separation.
WorkNC-CAD Hybrid ModelingEdit
WorkNC-CAD Hybrid Modeling (HM) is a 3D CAD software launched by Sescoi in 2010 for 3D model design, reparation and machining preparation, with surface design capabilities integrated with solid modeling functionality in a user friendly environment. It can be used as an independent CAD product. It is powered by D-Cubed software components from Siemens PLM.
WorkNC-CAD HM works on solid and surface models making use of parametric commands to easily manipulate and repair CAD data. Along with multiple CAD translators, it includes modules for electrode creation, core/cavity separation and Wire EDM. The WorkNC Electrode module makes use of the WorkNC-CAD Hybrid Modeling capabilities to extract electrode shapes directly from solid or surface models. The electrode model can be modified and extended, and tool holders added from a library to produce a complete electrode. WorkNC's collision checking ensures the electrode does not collide with any surrounding surfaces, automatically adding extensions as required. Documentation and electrode coordinate systems are produced by the software to ensure correct positioning for the EDM operations.
WorkNC-CAD Hybrid Modeling features include:
- Large visualization area
- Construction tree that enables simplified CAD/CAM entity management
- Context menus accessible in the construction tree and in the graphic window
- Access to features according to context
- Real-time preview of surface and solid modeling functions
- Configurable interface (keyboard shortcuts, position of adjustable toolbars).
- DesignPresentation Associates."Sescoi Celebrates WorkNC's 20th Anniversary "
- Manufacturingtalk magazine, "Salomon uses WorkNC CAM to machine skiboots since 1988"
- Direct Industry, "WorkXPlore 3D collaborative viewer"
- Desktop Engineering, "WorkNC DENTAL Software Showcased at Rapid.Tech"
- Desktop Engineering, "Sescoi Introduces WorkNC Wire EDM"
- Siemens PLM Software, June 8, 2010, D-Cubed 2D DCM and 3D DCM from Siemens PLM Software Integrated into Sescoi's WorkNC-CAD Hybrid Modeling
- thomasnet.com, November 18, 2010, A Growing Line up of Productivity Software from Sescoi at Euromold
- Desktop Engineering, March 22, 2010, Sescoi Introduces 64-bit, Multi-Core WorkNC and New Hybrid Modeler
- Machining videos, "CNC trochoidal milling-machining"
- MCADCafé, "WorkNC 5-Axis and Auto 5 - a competitive advantage at ALLIO"
- Machining videos, "Concept car - CNC 5 axis machining"
- Machining videos, "CNC 5 axis rolling finishing-machining"
- Machining videos, "CNC 5 axis planar finishing-machining"
- Machining videos, "Impeller/Turbine - CNC 5 axis machining"
- Machining videos, "CNC dental machining with Wissner and WorkNC Dental"
- Machining videos, "Dental Bridge implant CNC Machining 5 axis"
- Layer milling for rapid prototyping, "Kegelmann Technik Gmbh uses WorkNC Layer Milling Process (LMP)"
- Machining videos, "CNC Layer Milling - Machining from Zimmermann/WorkNC"
- WorkXPlore site, Comparison of WorkXPlore 3D versions