Wooster High School (Ohio)
Wooster High School is a public high school in Wooster, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Wooster City School District. The mascot/nickname of the school is the Generals, named after American Revolutionary War General David Wooster.
|Wooster High School|
515 Oldman Road
|Motto||Inspiring World-Class Academic Achievement|
|School district||Wooster City School District|
|Teaching staff||82.31 (FTE)|
|Student to teacher ratio||15.59|
|Color(s)||Blue & Gold|
|Athletics conference||Ohio Cardinal Conference|
|Rival||Orrville Red Riders|
|Newspaper||The Wooster Blade|
Wooster's football rivalry with the Orrville High School Red Riders is the oldest rivalry in Wayne County, having first met back in 1903. The Generals currently lead the rivalry by a 52-42-9 margin. After the 2014 season, the teams have met 104 times.
Wooster High School has 24 athletic teams, of which 12 are for boys and 12 are for girls, which compete in the Ohio Cardinal Conference of the Ohio High School Athletic Association. Wooster's teams are dubbed the "Generals".
Wooster has received recognition for having appeared the most times at national speech and debate tournaments, with sixty-three appearances since the early 1930s. The Wooster High School Speech and Debate team was crowned state champions by the OHSSL in 2001, 2002, 2006 and 2015.
- Wooster High School
- Vasas, Michale Paul (1989). A History of Wayne County Football 1899 to 1988. Collier Printing Company of Wooster, OH.
- "Ohio High School Athletic Association". Ohio High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "WHS General Athletics". WoosterCitySchools.org - July 2002. Wooster City Schools. 2005. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
... Wooster City School District: Inspiring World-Class Academic Achievement.
- Wooster High School. "Speech Team Nationals Results". Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Our History". Wooster High School Speech and Debate. Retrieved 2017-05-13.