Wonderful Things! is a 1958 British comedy romance film directed by Herbert Wilcox and starring Frankie Vaughan, Jocelyn Lane and Wilfrid Hyde-White. It was written by Jack Trevor Story. The screenplay concerns two fishermen brothers who clash over the love of a woman.
|Directed by||Herbert Wilcox|
|Produced by||Anna Neagle|
|Written by||Jack Trevor Story|
|Music by||Stanley Black|
|Edited by||Basil Warren|
Herbert Wilcox Productions (as Everest)
|Distributed by||Associated British-Pathé (UK)|
|10 June 1958 (London) (UK)|
- Frankie Vaughan ... Carmello
- Jeremy Spenser ... Mario
- Jocelyn Lane ... Pepita
- Wilfrid Hyde-White ... Sir Bertram
- Jean Dawnay ... Anne
- Eddie Byrne ... Harry
- Harold Kasket ... Poppa
- Christopher Rhodes ... Codger
- Nancy Nevinson ... Mamma
- Cyril Chamberlain ... Butler
- Barbara Goalen ... Courtesy Appearance
- Liz Fraser ... Minor role
- Ronnie Barker ... Minor role
Sky Movies wrote, "If you can believe in Frankie Vaughan and Jeremy Spenser as Gibraltar fishermen, you'll enjoy this Anna Neagle-produced trifle about love and life, Latin-style. Fiery Jackie Lane eclipses model Jean Dawnay's screen debut"; while TV Guide called the film an "engaging romance"; and AllMovie wrote: "Wilfred Hyde-White offers the film's best performance as the debutante's dry-witted papa."
- "Wonderful Things (1957)". BFI.
- "Wonderful Things". Find and Watch.
- "Wonderful Things!". TVGuide.com.
- Hal Erickson. "Wonderful Things? (1958) - Herbert Wilcox - Synopsis, Characteristics, Moods, Themes and Related". AllMovie.