This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)
Winter Jam Tour Spectacular, also referred to as simply Winter Jam (and formerly known as January Jam from 1995–2000), is an annual American music tour featuring contemporary Christian music artists of all genres, stunt and/or comedy performances, as well as a tour speaker. It is the United States' largest annual Christian Music Tour.
|Winter Jam Tour Spectacular|
|Genre||Christian rock, Christian rap, contemporary Christian music|
|Dates||January - April (East Coast)|
November (West Coast)
|Location(s)||East Coast (1995–present)|
West Coast (2011–present)
Conceived and created in 1995, as "January Jam", by contemporary Christian music group NewSong and produced and promoted by the promotions company, Premier Productions, Winter Jam has run annually since 1995. From its inception in 1995 through the most recent 2019 tour, the Winter Jam Tour Spectacular has toured all over the United States of America. Tickets are not required for the tour, as a $10 general admission is collected at the door of each arena, though this was raised to a $15 suggested donation in 2018. In 2010 the tour was rated the number two tour in the world. As of April 2011, they reported more than half a million in total attendance for the Winter Jam Tour Spectacular 2011, first quarter, attendance, and 90,000 "decisions for Christ" for. The tour outpaced attendance for all other tours in the first quarter of 2011, including Bon Jovi, U2, X Factor Live, Lady Gaga, Brad Paisley and Justin Bieber, according to Pollstar's 2011 Worldwide First Quarter Ticket Sales "Top 100 Tour" chart.
- "Winter Jam Shatters Records as World's No. 1 Tour". Charismanews.com. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "Plumb Joins Lineup at Winter Jam Tour Spectacular 2014 With Newsboys, Lecrae". The Christian Post. November 9, 2013. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "FAQs". Winter Jam. Retrieved February 27, 2018.
- "Winter Jam Ranks as No. 2 Tour Worldwide: Christian Music News". Cbn.com. Retrieved May 30, 2014.
- "Winter Jam Makes History, Ranked #1 Tour In The World" (Press release). Turning Point PR. April 18, 2011. Retrieved January 12, 2013.