Winning Moves Games is a maker of classic card games and board games, puzzles, action games and adult party games. The company is known for game reproduction, republishing and variants like Monopoly: The Mega Edition.
|Privately held company|
|Industry||Board games, card games publishing|
|Headquarters||Danvers, Massachusetts, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Phil E. Orbanes (president)|
Winning Moves Games was founded in 1995 by four game industry professionals, Phil E. Orbanes, Mike Meyers, Tom Kremer, and Alex Randolph. Orbanes had left his job at Hasbro Games Group to found the company.
In 1998, the company made the Monopoly Calculator and Monopoly Gift Pack, which included a book and the calculator. The following year, Winning Moves came out with Monopoly: The Card Game. The company picked up the rights for the Rubik Cube in 2000. While in 2001, the company published a reproduction of Monopoly 1935 #9. Winning Moves published Monopoly: The Mega Edition in 2006.
- Cartagena (2000)
- Classic Waterworks
- Coda (2004)
- Inkognito, deduction games
- Monopoly: The Card Game (1999)
- Monopoly 1935 #9 reproduction (2001)
- Monopoly: The Mega Edition (2006) adds a speed die, more properties, skyscrapers and $1,000 bills
- Pass the Pigs
- Power Yahtzee
- Super Scrabble
- This Game is Bonkers!
- 25 Words or Less (1996)
- Top Trumps
- TransAmerica (2001)
- Riordan, Teresa (June 21, 1999). "Patents; In a world of cyber-this and video-that, can traditional board games still gain attention?". The New York Times. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Arneson, Erik. "Winning Moves - Game Publisher". About Boardgames. About.com. Retrieved July 9, 2015.
- Orbanes, Philip (2006). Monopoly: The World's Most Famous Game-- and how it Got that Way. Da Capo Press. p. 200. ISBN 0306814897. Retrieved July 5, 2015.
- Noonan, Erica (November 8, 2003). "Let's twist again". The Boston Globe. Globe Newspaper Company. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Stubblebine, Ray (February 13, 2007). "Photo: Mega Monopoly". Deseret News. Associated Press. Retrieved July 9, 2015.