Wilhelm Konrad Hermann Müller
|Died||January 4, 1890 (aged 77)|
|Alma mater||University of Göttingen|
|Institutions||University of Göttingen|
From 1830 he studied philology and theology at the University of Göttingen as a student of Karl Otfried Müller. In 1841 he started work as a lecturer of German language and literature at Göttingen, becoming an associate professor in January 1845. From 1856 up until his death in 1890, he was a full professor of philology at Göttingen.
With Georg Schambach, he was co-author of a book on Lower Saxon legends and fairy tales, titled "Niedersächsische Sagen und Märchen" (1855). With Friedrich Karl Theodor Zarncke, he was an editor of a four-part Middle High German dictionary ("Mittelhochdeutsches Wörterbuch", 1854-1866) that was initiated by Georg Friedrich Benecke. Other noted works associated with Müller include:
- De Corcyræorum republica, 1835 – On the republic of the Corcyreans. [what is now modern-day Corfu ]
- Geschichte und System der altdeutschen Religion, Göttingen 1844 – History and system of the old German religion.
- Mythologie der deutschen Heldensage, Heilbronn 1886 – Mythology of the German heroic saga.
- ADB:Müller, Wilhelm (Germanist) @ Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie
- Deutsche Philologie an den preussischen Universitäten edited by Uwe Meves
- Google Books De Corcyræorum republica
- Wilhelm Konrad Hermann Müller @ de.Wikisource