Wild Zero is a 1999 Japanese horror film directed by Tetsuro Takeuchi. The film stars Masashi Endō as Ace, a big fan of the Japanese rock group Guitar Wolf. After assisting the group, Guitar Wolf makes Ace his blood brother and give him a whistle to blow during times of trouble. Ace later meets Tobio (Shitichai Kwancharu) during a gas station robbery. The group later find themselves in the middle of a zombie invasion.
|Directed by||Tetsuro Takeuchi|
|Produced by||Kaichiro Furata|
|Written by||Satoshi Takagi|
|Music by||Guitar Wolf|
|Edited by||Tomoe Kubota|
Wild Zero was shown as part of the Midnight Madness series at the 2000 Toronto International Film Festival.
Variety gave the film a mixed review, stating that "Pic has everything the midnight crowd could possibly want, although such items generally have a hard time hitting other parts of the theatrical clock." The online film database Allmovie gave the film a three and a half star rating out of five, stating that "this film's giddy energy and unrepentantly silly story line are a hoot and a holler of fun."
- Eisner, Ken (November 5, 2000). "Review: 'Wild Zero'". Variety. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Release". BFI Film & Television Database. British Film Institute. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- "Wild Zero". Synapse Film. Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Sharp, 2011. p. 110
- Sharp, 2011. p. 108
- "Biography". Guitar Wolf Official Website (in Japanese). Retrieved November 2, 2013.
- Crow, Jonathan. "Wild Zero Overview". Allmovie. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 2, 2013.
- Crow, Jonathan. "Wild Zero Review". Allmovie. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved July 2, 2014.