|Full name||Wil Besseling|
|Born||9 December 1985|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lb; 12 st 8 lb)|
|Current tour(s)||Challenge Tour|
|Former tour(s)||European Tour|
|Number of wins by tour|
Besseling was born in Utrecht. He won the Dutch Amateur Match Play Championship in 2001, just two years after taking up the sport. The highlight of his amateur career came in 2006, when he won the Eisenhower Trophy in partnership with Joost Luiten and Tim Sluiter, and also finished with the lowest individual score.
After turning professional at the end of 2006, Besseling played on the EPD Tour, one of the developmental golf tours based in Europe, during 2007. He finished 5th on the 2007 Order of Merit, having been in the top 20 in all but two events, with seven top tens and one victory.
At the end of the year, Besseling attempted to gain his card on the European Tour via the qualifying school. He was unsuccessful, and had to settle playing on the second tier Challenge Tour in 2008. He won his first title on that tour at the second tournament of the season, the Club Colombia Masters, when he was a runaway winner, finishing seven strokes clear of the field. He also collected three runners-up prizes during the year, and ended the season in 15th place on the money list to graduate directly to the European Tour for 2009.
- 2001 Dutch Amateur Match Play Championship
Professional wins (4)Edit
Challenge Tour wins (1)Edit
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning score||Margin of
|1||13 Apr 2008||Il Club Colombia Masters||−16 (67-66-69-66=268)||7 strokes||Antti Ahokas, Mark F. Haastrup|
EPD Tour wins (1)Edit
|No.||Date||Tournament||Winning ccore||Margin of
|1||23 Feb 2007||Real de Faula Classic||−7 (70-67-72=209)||Playoff||Iñaki Alustiza-Martinez, Nicolas Meitinger|
Other wins (2)Edit
- 2008 Hi5 Pro Tour Al Torreal (Hi5 Pro Tour)
- 2017 KCB Karen Masters
- "Luiten wins Trophy for Dutch". News24. 29 October 2006. Retrieved 17 April 2009.[permanent dead link]
- "Renault EPD Tour Order of Merit 2007". EPD Tour. Archived from the original on 19 May 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- "EPD Tour 2007 Results – Wil Besseling". EPD Tour. Retrieved 17 April 2009.
- "Besseling romps to victory in Colombia". PGA European Tour. 13 April 2008. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Besseling back amongst familiar faces". PGA European Tour. 8 January 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2009.[dead link]