Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Women in Red/FAQ
Below are answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the corresponding page Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red. They address concerns, questions, and misconceptions which have repeatedly arisen on the talk page. Please feel free to change this material in light of new discussion.
- the creation of new articles
- the improvement of existing articles (featured articles, good articles, DYK articles, stubs...)
- events such as edithatons and hackatons
- developing gender-gap related metrics
- the identification of missing content Wikipedia ought to have
- scholarly publications
And related projects
- We maintain lists of blogs, conferences, contests, discussions (Wikipedia; Wikimedia), editathons, Inspire grantees' projects, mailing-lists, meet-ups, newspaper articles, scholarly articles, social media campaigns, workshops, etc. We use Wikidata to manage several aspects of the project because of its size and scope.
- We hope to collaborate with international festival organizers (example: Litquake).
- In addition to needing editors to write the articles, several key volunteer positions have been identified: Data Coordinator; Promotions/Events Coordinator; Lead Coordinators for each language.
- We hope to establish a teaming arrangement with the Wiki Education Foundation as we believe university students are important to this endeavor. We would like to build on the education outreach efforts described by User:Kruusamägi (Wikimania submission: Possibilities for university cooperation: Estonian example) "Every academic year more than 500 articles on Estonian Wikipedia are created as part of local cooperation with universities."
- Work together with the Wikimedia Chapters
- Build on Wikimedia's "Address the gender gap/FAQ"