Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Novels/Lemony Snicket task force
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Novels/Lemony Snicket task force page.
|WikiProject Novels / Lemony Snicket||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Userbox
- 2 Changes to the WP:1.0 assessment scheme
- 3 Wikipedia 0.7 articles have been selected for Lemony Snicket task force
- 4 S.O.R.E.
- 5 Article alerts
- 6 Removed Article
- 7 Copyediting needed?
- 8 French?
- 9 Joining
- 10 WP 1.0 bot announcement
- 11 Request for comment on Biographies of living people
- 12 Tools to help your project with unreferenced Biographies of living people
- 13 Unreferenced living people articles bot
- 14 Portal:Children's literature at peer review
- 15 Who Could that Be at This Hour?
- 16 Portal:Children's literature for Featured Portal candidacy
- 17 Nomination of Flora of A Series of Unfortunate Events for deletion
- 18 Nomination of Quagmire family for deletion
- 19 A Series of Unfortunate Events
Now that this project is a task force of the Novels WikiProject, I've developed a userbox for the task force, in line with the other task forces on the WikiProject:
The code for it is quite long, but it is also consistent with the other task forces:
Feel free to use, modify or delete the userbox however you wish. Feel free to also add it to the task force page (I wasn't sure where to put it myself). Cheers. – Liveste (talk • edits) 05:35, 4 April 2008 (UTC)
Changes to the WP:1.0 assessment schemeEdit
- The new C-Class represents articles that are beyond the basic Start-Class, but which need additional references or cleanup to meet the standards for B-Class.
- The criteria for B-Class have been tightened up with the addition of a rubric, and are now more in line with the stricter standards already used at some projects.
- A-Class article reviews will now need more than one person, as described here.
Each WikiProject should already have a new C-Class category at Category:C-Class_articles. If your project elects not to use the new level, you can simply delete your WikiProject's C-Class category and clarify any amendments on your project's assessment/discussion pages. The bot is already finding and listing C-Class articles.
Please leave a message with us if you have any queries regarding the introduction of the revised scheme. This scheme should allow the team to start producing offline selections for your project and the wider community within the next year. Thanks for using the Wikipedia 1.0 scheme! For the 1.0 Editorial Team, §hepBot (Disable) 20:53, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
Wikipedia 0.7 articles have been selected for Lemony Snicket task forceEdit
Wikipedia 0.7 is a collection of English Wikipedia articles due to be released on DVD, and available for free download, later this year. The Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team has made an automated selection of articles for Version 0.7.
We would like to ask you to review the articles selected from this project. These were chosen from the articles with this project's talk page tag, based on the rated importance and quality. If there are any specific articles that should be removed, please let us know at Wikipedia talk:Version 0.7. You can also nominate additional articles for release, following the procedure at Wikipedia:Release Version Nominations.
A list of selected articles with cleanup tags, sorted by project, is available. The list is automatically updated each hour when it is loaded. Please try to fix any urgent problems in the selected articles. A team of copyeditors has agreed to help with copyediting requests, although you should try to fix simple issues on your own if possible.
We would also appreciate your help in identifying the version of each article that you think we should use, to help avoid vandalism or POV issues. These versions can be recorded at this project's subpage of User:SelectionBot/0.7. We are planning to release the selection for the holiday season, so we ask you to select the revisions before October 20. At that time, we will use an automatic process to identify which version of each article to release, if no version has been manually selected. Thanks! For the Wikipedia 1.0 Editorial team, SelectionBot 22:28, 15 September 2008 (UTC)
This is a notice to let you know about Article alerts, a fully-automated subscription-based news delivery system designed to notify WikiProjects and Taskforces when articles are entering Articles for deletion, Requests for comment, Peer review and other workflows (full list). The reports are updated on a daily basis, and provide brief summaries of what happened, with relevant links to discussion or results when possible. A certain degree of customization is available; WikiProjects and Taskforces can choose which workflows to include, have individual reports generated for each workflow, have deletion discussion transcluded on the reports, and so on. An example of a customized report can be found here.
If you are already subscribed to Article Alerts, it is now easier to report bugs and request new features. We are also in the process of implementing a "news system", which would let projects know about ongoing discussions on a wikipedia-wide level, and other things of interest. The developers also note that some subscribing WikiProjects and Taskforces use the
display=none parameter, but forget to give a link to their alert page. Your alert page should be located at "Wikipedia:PROJECT-OR-TASKFORCE-HOMEPAGE/Article alerts". Questions and feedback should be left at Wikipedia talk:Article alerts.
Recurring themes in A Series of Unfortunate Events has a copyedit template from 2007, but I would say that copyediting is not a remedy for whatever may be wrong with this article. Please take a look, make improvements, and if the copyediting template is not appropriate, please go ahead and and remove it. (WP:bb) --DThomsen8 (talk) 21:22, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
To anyone who knows french: Could you check at the end of the End, just before Chapter Fourteen, at the french written in small on pg. 336? I don't know what it says. Amatsu-Mikabushi (talk) 23:40, 18 October 2009 (UTC)
- Place your username here. Unfortunately, since the last book was published, the active participance in this group has significantly decreased (viz., this used to be a WikiProject, not just a task force). I am thrilled to have any judicious editors onboard. All that joining this task force will signify is a desire to improve Lemony Snicket-related articles. You can read through the To-do lists on Wikipedia:WikiProject Novels/Lemony Snicket task force or on Portal:A Series of Unfortunate Events, but most of it is pretty simple: the easy things to do are to copyedit for spelling and grammatical errors, patrol for vandals, or answer people's questions on talk pages. The more time-consuming things are to add sources (which you have already been doing); rewrite the plot summaries/character biographies to be more real-world centered, more comprehensive, more concise and succinct, more accurate, and all around less juvenile; add third-party sources; and write/expand sections about critical reception, public perception and impact, and concept creation. You can also create pages or nominate them for deletion, of course, but right now the number of pages is what we consider appropriate, based on the works Snicket has already published. Of course, joining the task force does not require you to do any of these things. — The Man in Question (in question) 22:16, 29 December 2009 (UTC)
WP 1.0 bot announcementEdit
This message is being sent to each WikiProject that participates in the WP 1.0 assessment system. On Saturday, January 23, 2010, the WP 1.0 bot will be upgraded. Your project does not need to take any action, but the appearance of your project's summary table will change. The upgrade will make many new, optional features available to all WikiProjects. Additional information is available at the WP 1.0 project homepage. — Carl (CBM · talk) 03:32, 22 January 2010 (UTC)
Request for comment on Biographies of living peopleEdit
Hello Wikiproject! Currently there is a discussion which will decide whether wikipedia will delete 49,000 articles about a living person without references, here:
Since biographies of living people covers so many topics, nearly all wikiproject topics will be effected.
The two opposing positions which have the most support is:
- supports the deletion of unreferenced articles about a living person, User:Jehochman
- opposes the deletion of unreferenced articles about a living person, except in limited circumstances, User:Collect
Comments are welcome. Keep in mind that by default, editor's comments are hidden. Simply press edit next to the section to add your comment.
Please keep in mind that at this point, it seems that editors support deleting unreferenced article if they are not sourced, so your project may want to pursue the projects below.
Tools to help your project with unreferenced Biographies of living peopleEdit
- List of cleanup articles for your project
- Moving unreferenced blp articles to a special "incubation pages"
If you are interested in moving unreferenced blp articles to a special "incubation page", contact me, User talk:Ikip
- Watchlisting all unreferenced articles
If you are interested in watchlisting all of the unreferenced articles once you install Cleanup_listings, contact me, User talk:Ikip
Ikip 02:14, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
Unreferenced living people articles botEdit
User:DASHBot/Wikiprojects provides a list, updated daily, of unreferenced living people articles (BLPs) related to your project. There has been a lot of discussion recently about deleting these unreferenced articles, so it is important that these articles are referenced.
The unreferenced articles related to your project can be found at >>>Wikipedia:WikiProject Novels/Lemony Snicket task force/Unreferenced BLPs<<<
If you do not want this wikiproject to participate, please add your project name to this list.
Thank you. Okip 02:49, 28 March 2010 (UTC)
Portal:Children's literature at peer reviewEdit
Portal:Children's literature is at portal peer review. Review comments are welcome, at Wikipedia:Portal peer review/Children's literature/archive1. -- Cirt (talk) 19:03, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
Who Could that Be at This Hour?Edit
Greetings. I've created a proposed article for the first book in the All the Wrong Questions series. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance in improving it by adding notable references to make it more authentic: Wikipedia talk:Articles for creation/"Who Could That Be at This Hour?". Thanks. LlamaScout (talk) 15:24, 1 November 2012 (UTC)
Portal:Children's literature for Featured Portal candidacyEdit
I've nominated Portal:Children's literature to be considered for Featured Portal quality.
This was a joint quality improvement collaboration between myself and User:Wadewitz.
Participation would be appreciated, at Wikipedia:Featured portal candidates/Portal:Children's literature.
Thank you for your time,
Nomination of Flora of A Series of Unfortunate Events for deletionEdit
A discussion is taking place as to whether the article Flora of A Series of Unfortunate Events is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Flora of A Series of Unfortunate Events until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Bilorv (Talk)(Contribs) 21:34, 23 August 2014 (UTC)
Nomination of Quagmire family for deletionEdit
A discussion is taking place as to whether a series of articles related to this task force, including Quagmire family, are suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Quagmire family until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Bilorv (Talk)(Contribs) 08:43, 9 November 2014 (UTC)
A Series of Unfortunate EventsEdit
A Series of Unfortunate Events, an article that you or your project may be interested in, has been nominated for a community good article reassessment. If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments to the reassessment page. If concerns are not addressed during the review period, the good article status may be removed from the article.