Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Lancashire and Cumbria
|WikiProject Lancashire and Cumbria Talk Page|
Welcome to the Talk Page of WikiProject Lancashire and Cumbria. Please remember to remain civil and to treat all users with respect. Please only use this page to discuss the project.
|Index 1, 2, 3|
Sections older than 21 days may be automatically archived by .
|WikiProject Lancashire and Cumbria||(Rated NA-class)|
Does "See also Wikipedia:WikiProject Lancashire and Cumbria/Assessment" have any significance in Section 10, Assessments?
Can anyone with local knowledge please help with a discussion at Talk:Cross End - it's not clear what Cross End is - hamlet? suburb of another village? - or indeed if it merits coverage in Wikipedia. --18.104.22.168 (talk) 20:11, 9 August 2020 (UTC)
Hi, I have a draft article on the Sankey collection which I am struggling to get accepted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draft:The_Sankey_Family_Photography_Collection It is relevant here because there are a large number of postcards relating to Barrow and Blackpool in the collection. Any help in getting the article accepted would be appreciated. Peterrivington (talk) 19:49, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
- I've read the article and it looks a good one. How can I help get it accepted? (I have no idea what the procedure entails.) OrewaTel (talk) 02:08, 29 March 2021 (UTC)
- Peterrivington I had a quick look and as far as I can see this is just an issue of referencing the content. The information in a Wikipedia article needs to be verifiable in reliable sources. I can see that when the reviewer removed the un-sourced content, to create a version that could pass AfC, you reverted it as vandalism. The only source it has which is both reliable and available online is the BBC article added more recently. Victorian Lakeland Photographers and Picture Postcard Annual 1993 will be RS, but I'm not going to be buying copies. signalfilmandmedia.com probably doesn't qualify as reliable by our standards, but will be OK for light use. You have large sections of prose without any references. All of the content needs citations so that other users can understand were the information came from. See WP:CQR for help.TiB chat 16:50, 29 March 2021 (UTC)
I have started a project for missing civil parishes at User:Crouch, Swale/Missing parishes. The missing parishes in Cumbria are:
- Barton and Pooley Bridge, see Talk:Barton, Cumbria#Split to create separate Barton and Pooley Bridge?
- Lands common to Holme Abbey, Holme Low and Holme St Cuthbert
- Selside and Fawcett Forest
And these exists as a redirect only but should have separate articles:
- Drigg and Carleton
- Lindal and Marton, draft existed at Draft:Lindal and Marton, Cumbria
- Old Hutton and Holmescales
- Underbarrow and Bradleyfield
A total of 8, see User:Crouch, Swale/Missing parishes (1)#Cumbria
The missing parishes in Lancashire which are only redirects but should be articles are:
- Bispham, West Lancashire
- Gisburn Forest
- Higham-with-West Close Booth
- Ingol and Tanterton, same as former Ingol ward so perhaps move information for that to parish, current ward is Ingol & Cottam
- Roughlee Booth
- Saint Anne's on the Sea, create as St Annes, draft existed at Draft:St Annes, Lancashire
A total of 10, see User:Crouch, Swale/Missing parishes (2)#Lancashire. Crouch, Swale (talk) 16:58, 28 October 2021 (UTC)