Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Espionage
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the WikiProject Espionage page.
|WikiProject Espionage||(Rated Project-class)|
Who is active at WikiProject Espionage?Edit
I want to know who is active and willing to work with me since I've been the main one here since 2010-present. I can tell from the last few years people have had their own ideas, but have never asked me what I think it should be. Adamdaley (talk) 07:15, 12 November 2018 (UTC)
- :) Well I am. :) SoftwareThing (talk) 17:43, 7 January 2019 (UTC)
- I am watching. Silently Watching... It's an Espionage Thing.
- There's a crypto wikiproject and compsec wikiproject ; and aspects of this project are also covered at WP:WikiProject Military history/Intelligence task force / WP:MILHIST / WP:LE / WP:WikiProject Mass surveillance ; so there is some overlap (and there's WP:007) -- (No I am not watching this page) -- 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:49, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
- Hi Adamdaley. I'm watching but not a member of the project. I've occasionally made minor contributions to espionage-related articles (for example Arthur S. Moreau Jr., Iran–Contra affair, and Russian research vessel Yantar). I'm also hoping one day to get around to adding to Directorate of Research and Civil Affairs. - Meticulo (talk) 23:31, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
- @Adamdaley, SoftwareThing, Guy Macon, and Meticulo: I am a regular, but my activity has decreased on enwiki. I will be back again with more time after 2-3 months. I regulary used to edit articles that fall under this wikiproject. And I have this page watchlisted too, not sure how i overlooked this discussion. I think JarrahTree is also active in the project. Also, espionage portal is currently at MfD, I have posted a link at the bottom of the page. —usernamekiran(talk) 18:29, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
Article Creation Help: Faked sabotage of de Havilland factoryEdit
I'm trying to write an article on the faked sabotage of the de Havilland factory "carried out" by the WWII spy Eddie Chapman. It is mentioned in the Eddie Chapman article, but I felt as if a lot was left out and the backstory of the sabotage itself warranted an article of its own. This is my first article, and I could use some help on the structure. Would structuring the article in a background, execution, aftermath format be appropriate for this, and does anyone have any general tips/guidance to offer for this article creation? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Jedahl03 (talk • contribs) 03:00, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
A new Newsletter directory has been created to replace the old, out-of-date one. If your WikiProject and its taskforces have newsletters (even inactive ones), or if you know of a missing newsletter (including from sister projects like WikiSpecies), please include it in the directory! The template can be a bit tricky, so if you need help, just post the newsletter on the template's talk page and someone will add it for you.
- – Sent on behalf of Headbomb. 03:11, 11 April 2019 (UTC)
Notification of deletion discussionEdit
There is currently a discussion going on at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Espionage (2nd nomination). —usernamekiran(talk) 18:25, 17 May 2019 (UTC)
- There are considerable parts of category trees about spies that do not have espionage project tags on talk pages.
- There is a formidable list of red links at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Espionage/Open_tasks
Enjoy! JarrahTree 14:27, 26 June 2019 (UTC)