Wikipedia:Wiki Ed/Murray State University/JMC 305 News Editing (Spring 2019)
Questions? Ask us:
|This course page is an automatically-updated version of the main course page at dashboard.wikiedu.org. Please do not edit this page directly; any changes will be overwritten the next time the main course page gets updated.|
This course will help students to meet these objectives, as they relate to the Wikipedia assignments:
- Demonstrate mastery of grammar, punctuation, spelling and sentence syntax.
- Edit copy for online.
- Edit copy according to legal and ethical issues.
- Develop a basic understanding of infographics
Applicable content includes the following:
- Principles of editing.
- Using proper grammar.
- Editing for precision, accuracy and language.
- Applying legal and ethical considerations.
- Writing articles for the online platform.
The Wikipedia course and assignments will help students to apply these concepts.