|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
Welcome to WikiProject Theatre! The goal of this project is to improve all articles relating to theatre, making Wikipedia one of the best online resources on the subject.
As it currently stands, the vast majority of these articles are in need of some serious attention. While many of the important topics do have existing articles, the quality of these can be quite poor. If you would like to participate in the project, please sign up below, look for jobs in the to-do list, and join in with project-related discussions at the talk page.
Any and all articles related to theatre on Wikipedia, including, but not limited to:
- Drama (including plays)
- Theatrical biographies (such as playwrights, actors, theatre directors, theatrical producers and theatre companies)
- Theatre history (including Greek theatre, Chinese theatre, Roman theatre, Commedia dell'arte, Kabuki, Renaissance theatre, Epic theatre etc.)
- Modern theatre (i.e. experimental theatre, Theatre of Cruelty, physical theatre etc.)
- Genres (comedy, tragedy, etc.)
- Theatres, i.e. theatre buildings, venues and structures
- Stagecraft topics
Theatre is a very broad topic! There are several descendant and related projects to help organise work on theatrical articles:
- WikiProject Musical Theatre covers musicals and biographies relating solely to musical theatre.
- WikiProject New York City/Theatre covers theatre-related activities in the New York City area.
- WikiProject Shakespeare covers William Shakespeare and his works.
- WikiProject Stagecraft covers the details of stagecraft.
- Other related WikiProjects include
- To improve the quality of articles on theatre, bringing articles on important topics up to featured article standard.
- To create articles to cover the topic of theatre comprehensively, including articles on non-western theatre.
- To make Wikipedia the finest, most comprehensive resource of theatre topics available online.
The entire subject and Wikipedia's coverage of it is intended to be summarized in the Outline of theatre. It in turn is part of Wikipedia's outline system which is one of Wikipedia's main contents systems.
Please look it over and fill-in missing topics. If Wikipedia has an article or article section about those topics, please add links to them.
While analyzing the outline, please consider the following questions (and fix the outline as needed):
- What's missing?
- Is the structure of the outline (sections and indents) representative of the subject?
- Does the outline help understand the relationships between the topics presented in the best way possible?
The overall purpose of the outline is to help readers comprehend the subject by showing what belongs to it, and within the subject what belongs to what. It is a taxonomy of the subject, and also serves as a table of contents and navigation aid to browse Wikipedia's articles (and article sections) about the subject.
It is also a useful tool for the WikiProject to analyze, plan, develop, and revise theatre-related material. It is a hub from which to organize related topics. It was built as a "reverse outline", a structural model of an existing work, which in addition to being a summary of the work, can reveal the gaps and other weaknesses for revision purposes.
- Improve top priority theatre articles (stubs | start-class | C-class | B-class)
- Create new articles - we have a list of plays and related articles identified by the project at articles needing creation, or see the Theatre section of Wikipedia requested articles.
- Prioritise work on articles found in unknown-importance Theatre articles - see article assessment to help decide if an article is of top, high, mid or low importance to the project.
- Collaboration of the month - vote for the focus of next month's efforts.
- ...or work towards our goals in any way you can!
|To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre:|
Did you know
- 18 Oct 2019 – Christof Nel was nominated for DYK by Gerda Arendt (t · c); see discussion
- 15 Oct 2019 – Mutter Courage und ihre Kinder (film) was nominated for DYK by Gerda Arendt (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Oct 2019 – Frank Philipp Schlößmann was nominated for DYK by Gerda Arendt (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Oct 2019 – Melissa Leilani Larson was nominated for DYK by Rachel Helps (BYU) (t · c); see discussion
Articles for deletion
- 15 Oct 2019 – David Pledger was AfDed by KidAd (t · c); see discussion ( )
- 15 Oct 2019 – Elen Mon Wayne was AfDed by Mccapra (t · c); see discussion ( )
- 11 Oct 2019 – Teatro dos Grandes Atores AfDed by Piotrus (t · c) was closed as merge by Jo-Jo Eumerus (t · c) on 18 Oct 2019; see discussion ( )
- 09 Oct 2019 – Vitas Varnas AfDed by Ohnoitsjamie (t · c) was closed as delete by Patar knight (t · c) on 16 Oct 2019; see discussion ( )
- 06 Oct 2019 – Douglas Ferregui AfDed by Rosguill (t · c) was closed as delete by Ritchie333 (t · c) on 13 Oct 2019; see discussion ( )
Categories for discussion
- 17 Aug 2019 – Category:Transgender and transsexual-related theatre was CfDed by JJMC89 (t · c); see discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 23 Sep 2019 – Henri Higgins (character) →Pygmalion (play) was RfDed by Narky Blert (t · c); see discussion
- 23 Sep 2019 – Heny Higgins →Pygmalion (play) was RfDed by Narky Blert (t · c); see discussion
Featured list candidates
- 06 Sep 2019 – Lana Turner performances and awards was FL nominated by Drown Soda (t · c); see discussion
Good article nominees
- 09 Oct 2019 – Othello move request to Othello (play) by Georgia guy (t · c) was not moved; see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 11 Oct 2019 – Coronet Cinema is proposed for merging to Coronet Theatre, London by Necrothesp (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Mar 2019 – Lew Fields is proposed for merging to Joe Weber (vaudevillian) by Animalparty (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Mar 2019 – Joe Weber (vaudevillian) is proposed for merging to Lew Fields by Animalparty (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be split
- 09 Oct 2018 – Puppeteer is proposed for splitting by 22.214.171.124 (t · c); see discussion
- 02 Sep 2017 – List of 20th-century writers is proposed for splitting by Koavf (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 11 Sep 2019 – Draft:This Flat Earth has been submitted for AfC by Purpleredyellow (t · c)
- 15 Aug 2019 – Draft:Georgina Kakoudaki has been submitted for AfC by Christoskaran (t · c)
- 31 Jul 2019 – Draft:Medea by Yukio Ninagawa has been submitted for AfC by Erin.snape (t · c)
- 26 Jun 2019 – Draft:Moritz von Stuelpnagel has been submitted for AfC by Moritzvs (t · c)
- 15 Jun 2019 – Draft:Shahid Iqbal Khan has been submitted for AfC by Bluebellleaf (t · c)
- 15 Jun 2019 – Draft:Betty Award for Outstanding Projection or Video Design has been submitted for AfC by 126.96.36.199 (t · c)
- 31 May 2019 – Draft:Plays International & Europe has been submitted for AfC by Horhager (t · c)
- 06 Apr 2019 – Draft:Nescher & Nesher has been submitted for AfC by Nesherin (t · c)
- 01 Apr 2019 – Draft:Botho von Hülsen has been submitted for AfC by Justlettersandnumbers (t · c)
- 12 Aug 2019 – Draft:Jack Juggler submitted for AfC by AlasPoorYorick1603 (t · c) was accepted to Jack Juggler by Theroadislong (t · c) on 14 Oct 2019
- (1 more...)
|Theatre articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 71,741||Ω = 5.16|
|Articles assessed for quality: 100% complete|
Former Featured ArticlesEdit
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Featured Articles for a list of current and former featured articles.
Did you know (DYK)sEdit
|WikiProject Theatre||(Rated NA-class)|
- Internet Broadway Database
- Internet Movie Database - contains a surprising amount of information on live theatre.
- Playbill Magazine - information on current theatre.
- TheatreLinks - information on historic American theatres.
- Cinema Treasures - information about historic theatres that have served as cinemas.
- Internet Theatre Database
- de:Portal:Theater - the Theatre portal on the German Wikipedia
- AusStage - Gateway to the Australian Performing Arts
- Global Performing Arts Database
Popular pages: page view statisticsEdit
Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Popular pages shows the 1000 pages in this project that receive the most traffic. This gives an idea of which pages are popular and might need attention (if their quality level is not as high as we would wish).
- Steven Walling
- Dionysos Proteus
- Robert Greer
- Thomprod - stage manager, lighting designer, orchestra conductor, rehearsal pianist
- Mark E (talk)
- Declan Clam
- Mdukas - trained audience member
- Mfs1013 wants to program moving lights for theatre
- Matthewrbowker - High School Thespian, Lighting Designer
- Aaron Booth - Actor
- Blethering Scot
- ArtifexMayhem - Professional.
- Beth Phillips - Ph.D English/Theatre History. Doctoral dissertation on Clifford Odets; currently writing biography of Odets.
- Tito Dutta (talk)
- Sirkablaam Just did some theatre in high school and college.
- Jburlinson Restoration theatre and American theater.
- Maxim Stoyalov
- The Dancing Badger (talk)
- Saslos Theatre designers
- Alexandru M. (talk · contribs)
- Abishe (talk · contribs)
- Andrew Hendo (talk · contribs)
- Bardoleg (talk · contribs)
- ClarityKTMpls (talk · contribs)
- Menmsha Actor, musician. Primarily interested in Los Angeles theatre.
- PhantomRed Actor, singer.
- Elizabeth Tavares Renaissance/English theatre history
- Kevin M Marshall
- Girl-razor, primarily interested in European theatre
- Duckie for broadway
- Canadian Scouter
- Steven J. Anderson
- Carole Higgins
- John Thaxter
- Sebbi - primarily interested in contemporary theatre practices.
- KlickingKarl - interest in UK theatre buildings.
- Brettstout Interest in movie palaces
- CPolo Interested in amateur theater
- Thatguykalem - Trained actor.
- Sean - HS Thespian and techie
- 15lsoucy - Plays of Racine
- waltjohnson - BA and MFA in Technical Theatre w/pro exp. ad Tech Dir, Asst Tech Dir, and Production Mgr
- OperaticNun - Interested in Irish and Shakespearean/classical theatre
- Sum (talk) 10:13, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Act Class 1742
- ÇaCestCharabia - PhD Candidate in Theatre History
- Jwyllie - primary interest in improvisational theatre - co-founder of Canadian Improv Games - studied under David Shepherd
- JoyceJoyce1 - Professional.
- Alexroller - Professional actor doing mostly amateur productions, intend to pursue as a career.
- James Fahringer
- Alla Breve
- Leigh C. Tyler
- User:Nightenbelle - Minor in theater, Former High school Thespian, High School Theater Teacher, Active in the Twin Lakes Playhouse Community Theater.
- Dental plan (Lisa needs braces)
- Rosario Berganza
- Voltaire&Leibniz Enlightenment France and ancient Greek plays.
- Ninquelosse Oscar Wilde's plays
- Parasitaster - Elizabethan/Jacobean theatre; musical theatre; opera.
- Bd1896 - Ph.D. in Theatre/English Professor. 19c/early 20c US theatre.
- Chickeninapram - Deputy technical mgr RSC 1998-2003
- tomnnnn PhD Student. Interested in contemporary British theatre.
- Solness (talk · contribs)
- jwvarner Confused peasant looking for guidance.
- Paracosms (talk · contribs)
- User:aka bekka Modern Theater , Performance, live art
- Caleb Bond - Actor
- poisonborz Hungarian theatres and actors