|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
Welcome to WikiProject Occult!
Welcome to WikiProject Occult. This is a project to improve articles related to the Occult. This page and its subpages contain our suggestions and guidelines. If you would like to help, please be bold and join in.
For more information on WikiProjects, please see Wikipedia:WikiProject and Wikipedia:WikiProject/Best practices.
|Points of interest related to Occult on Wikipedia:|
Category – WikiProject – Alerts – Cleanup – Stubs – Assessment – To-do
Table of Contents
Article Alerts & Cleanup
Recent Changes to Occult Articles Articles for deletion
- 01 Jun 2023 – Celia Green (talk · edit · hist) was AfDed by Carchasm (t · c); see discussion (8 participants)
Articles to be merged
- 19 May 2023 – Isaac Newton's occult studies (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for merging to Religious views of Isaac Newton by Sj (t · c); see discussion
- 25 Feb 2023 – Theosophy (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for merging to Theosophical mysticism by Klbrain (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Dec 2022 – Fascist mysticism (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for merging to School of Fascist Mysticism by FatalSubjectivities (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 11 May 2023 – Draft:Gareth Knight (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by JSwift49 (t · c)
- undated – Draft:Maritxu Guler (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC
A list of articles needing cleanup associated with this project is available. See also the tool's wiki page and the index of WikiProjects.
Scope & Goals
This project is a combined effort of interested Wikipedia editors to categorize, expand, and create articles relating to the occult. Please join our discussions on the project talk. WikiProject Occult covers topics, such as:
- Magic (Magick)
- Various supernatural and mystical practices, such as folk magic or the form of ceremonial magic popularized by Aleister Crowley; included are forms of practice known as black and white magic, brujeria, stregeria, hoodoo, and sorcery.
- Secret organizations
- Societies, groups, and organizations that conceal their activities from outsiders.
- Secret fraternal orders
- Those groups and organizations called "secret societies" and esoteric orders.
- Mystery religions
- Societies, groups, and organizations with a belief system based around a mystery.
- Occultic rituals and theurgy
- Rituals and rites which are a part of a ceremony, often composed of long, elaborate, and "hidden" set of actions.
- Occult terminology
- Terms describing practices encountered in esoteric practices, including (but not limited to) supplication or prayers, conjurations, spells, incantations, and cantrips.
- Occultic knowledge
- Arcane knowledge, which includes knowledge that is esoteric or obscure or has deliberately been veiled from common discussion.
- Occult authors
- Writers whose works deal directly rather than sociologically with occult topics, who present instructive or theoretical knowledge that has been "hidden", or who take as their theme a spiritual or magical reality that extends beyond pure reason and the physical sciences.
- Occult books and pamphlets
- Books describing magical beliefs and practices, such as Grimoires, instructions in spell-craft, and Thelemite texts.
- Representative symbols that carry interpreted meanings in addition to or apart from their use as literal representations of concepts; such symbols may be figurative or they may consist of symbolic meanings applied to common natural objcts, colors, scents, and numbers.
These articles should all be included in the Category:Occult, or one of its subcategories.
|Occult articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 6,175||Ω = 4.82|
Featured article candidates
Good article candidates
Formerly recognized content
Former featured articles
Former good articles
Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team selections
These articles have been included in one or more release versions of Wikipedia.