Wikipedia:WikiProject Horror/Notice Board
Welcome to the WikiProject Horror Notice Board.
Please sign and date your entries by
inserting ~~~~ at the end.
Start a new (Bottom post) discussion topic.
Introduction to Discussion ForumEdit
This Notice Board is a Discussion Forum, meant to allow General Project Wide discussions. It should be used for any project wide suggestions, while the individual talk pages should still be used for discussions pertinent solely to that page.
The Forth KindEdit
This movie may or may not be a hoax. But if they are trying to pull this off as the real thing, at least get the geography correct. Nome,_Alaska — Preceding unsigned comment added by Daj20113 (talk • contribs) 17:18, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
(Wheatley novel) or (Dennis Wheatley novel)?Edit
Please see discussion at Talk:The Satanist (Dennis Wheatley novel), thanks In ictu oculi (talk) 08:03, 10 February 2014 (UTC)
Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul AndersonEdit
Three Hearts and Three Lions does not belong in this category or project. If any of you have read it you will agree. It is a fantasy novel with very little in common with anything here. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 19:24, 30 June 2014 (UTC)Will in New Haven184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:24, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
I think it some more subcategories are necessary, such as Books. I added this in as my contribution. I also added a few images under each subcategory, which was requested as this is a new article in the "Start Class" section on Wikipedia.
I was unable to find many images I searched for on the wikimedia commons. Does anyone have any suggestions of other search engines for files?
--Serenabergs1990 (talk) 02:37, 12 March 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet For Wikiproject Horror At Wikimania 2014 (updated version)Edit
Please note: This is an updated version of a previous post that I made.
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 12:54, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!Edit
There is currently a discussion at Talk:Alien (creature in Alien franchise)#RfC: "Alien" or "Xenomorph"? that you may be interested in. 11:37, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
I've been working on creating new M.R. James articles and adding wikiproject horror tags to them. Any help or suggestions would be great. --KWWight (talk) 08:53, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
RFC at Talk: Remember (The Walking Dead)Edit
It has been suggest that this RFC should be mentioned here. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:25, 5 March 2015 (UTC)
Dear horror fans: This draft article appears to have some references. Is this a notable horror writer?—Anne Delong (talk) 03:26, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
I Drink Your BloodEdit
I have been working on trying to expand the article for I Drink Your Blood, a highly influential cult classic exploitation horror film written and directed by David E. Durston. The article is sadly underdeveloped, and is missing a lot of important information. You can read more information on this project on my talk page or on the film's talk page. Please let me know if you are willing to collaborate with me on this.--Paleface Jack (talk) 17:23, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
There is false information being added, and restored on at least two occasions after being reverted, to the article about the horror film Ben, primarily regarding assertions that the titular character, a non-anthropomorphized rat, was actually a human being, and a nonexistent sequel where said title character somehow became a human basketball player. I have detailed the specific falsehoods in this post on the article's talk page. It might be advisable to set a watch or a lock on the page to try and prevent the false information from being restored yet again. - Pennyforth (talk) 15:10, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
Page move discussion for Found Footage.Edit
Please see this discussion, thanks.--Deathawk (talk) 23:12, 25 February 2016 (UTC)
A requested edit of the protected WikiProject Horror banner template, proposes a change of the image/icon used in the banner.
- This proposal should be discussed by the affected community at Template talk:WikiProject Horror#Template-protected edit request on 10 March 2016.
Thank you. fredgandt 23:50, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
The Hideous Sun Demon Article Reassessment and ReviewEdit
So I have recently expanded the article on the science fiction horror film/monster movie The Hideous Sun Demon. It needs to be reviewed and reassessed so that any errors are fixed and it is given a new class rating.--Paleface Jack (talk) 16:23, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
Russian Sleep ExperimentEdit
So a draft article on the now famous creepypasta The Russian Sleep Experiment that was created by someone a while ago. Unfortunately the draft is both unsourced, underdeveloped and the article's author hasn't worked on it in a long time now. Hopefully some attention can be given to this article since the amount of attention to the actual story outside this site is staggering.--Paleface Jack (talk) 20:22, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Dark Crystal discussionEdit
Please come participate in the discussion here. Thank you! ···日本穣 · 投稿 · Talk to Nihonjoe · Join WP Japan! 08:03, 19 May 2017 (UTC)
New WikiProject ProposalEdit
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd let you all know that I am in the process of creating a new WikiProject titled WikiProject Monsters (WikiMonster for short) covering everything about monsters (film, game, literature, mythology, etc.). This WikiProject would not only cover the scope of horror monsters but non horror monsters as well such as Monsters Inc., Mythological monsters (which usually don't get included in anything other than mythology), and non horror literature. Hopefully you can come over and give me your thoughts and support. Check it out here--Paleface Jack (talk) 15:41, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
Redirect of erotic horror?Edit
Why does "erotic horror" redirect to "monster erotica?" "Monster erotica" is a subtype of "erotic horror." "Erotic horror" is a standard genre in horror (and much broader than sex with monsters). It should have its own page.
- You should try writing the article if you think it should exist. Be the change you want to see in the world. When the article is made you will get help from other people if they're interested, personally I don't have an intrest in the subject but I'm sure some others do.★Trekker (talk) 13:07, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
Omissions in The Awful Dr. OrloffEdit
This article's got everything except a "Plot" section. If the person who originally wrote the article on the film could please include this, it would be appreciated. Also, there's more than one sequel to this film. These other sequels need to be included, too. Malcolmlucascollins (talk) 21:59, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
Help Needed in Expanding PlotsEdit
So I have been working for a while on creating and expanding articles/draft on Possum (2018 film), and The Golem (2018 film). However, I need someone to expand the plot sections for me so I can get them ready for GA nominations. Feel free to contact me on my talk page to let me know if you are interested in doing so.--Paleface Jack (talk) 17:12, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
- Aww man, I'd love to help, but sadly plot recaps are one of my weakest points. Hope someone else can give you a hand!★Trekker (talk) 17:48, 23 September 2019 (UTC)
Same. Thanks for the thought, there are always other things you could help with.--Paleface Jack (talk) 15:27, 5 October 2019 (UTC)
Nomination of Portal:Horror fiction for deletionEdit
A discussion is taking place as to whether Portal:Horror fiction is suitable for inclusion in Wikipedia according to Wikipedia's policies and guidelines or whether it should be deleted.
The page will be discussed at Wikipedia:Miscellany for deletion/Portal:Horror fiction until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the page during the discussion, including to improve the page to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the deletion notice from the top of the page. Certes (talk) 09:51, 29 October 2019 (UTC)
Begotten GA Nomination review RequestEdit
I have been working on an off again on expanding the article for the 1990 film Begotten for about 4 years now. I thought it would be nice, and ironic, to have it all approved for GA status before the year ends considering that it took 4 years to make the film. That and I want to get started on moving it to FA status soon as well. Feel free to let me know if you are willing to do so.--Paleface Jack (talk) 20:49, 5 November 2019 (UTC)
Hi, there is a discussion at WP:RSN to determine whether this site is a reliable source for horror related articles, imv Atlantic306 (talk) 19:50, 27 September 2020 (UTC)
The 13th: good day to wayback horror refsEdit
Just realized almost two hours left of July 13 (in UTC time, which is the time standard that Wayback Machine uses). So the next two hours would be good time to check references in Wikipedia's horror articles and wayback (archive) the references that have not already been waybacked. --EarthFurst (talk) 22:23, 13 July 2022 (UTC)
- August the 13th is nine days away. Anyone else interested in waybacking some horror homepages and other horror webpages on the 13th? Including twitter links linking to horror articles. (preferably content that hasn't been waybacked before)(I like waybacking stuff, but nervous about waybacking NON-horror stuff on the 13th.) --EarthFurst (talk) 07:20, 4 August 2022 (UTC)
- Today is October 13th, with almost another five hours (of Oct13) in UTC time (the archive time that Wayback Machine and archive.today use). So next four hours (and 41 minutes) good time to archive horror homepages and webpages (examples: horror websites listed at Category:Horror fiction magazines, Category:Horror fiction websites, etc). (Preferably horror content that hasn't been archived before.) --EarthFurst (talk) 19:18, 13 October 2022 (UTC)
- 13th of a month again. Five hours (and a few minutes) left of Nov13 in UTC time that Wayback Machine and archive.today use. Good time to use Wayback Machine and/or archive.today to archive horror homepages (and horror webpages that haven't already been archived). --EarthFurst (talk) 18:57, 13 November 2022 (UTC)
- 13th of a month again. Approximately 22hours of March13th (in UTC time aka Wayback time) remain. Good time to use Wayback Machine and/or archive.today to archive horror webpages that haven't been archived yet (also good time to archive horror homepages that haven't been archived today) --EarthFurst (talk) 01:49, 13 March 2023 (UTC)