Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/November 7
- 680 – The Third Council of Constantinople convened to settle the theological controversies of monoenergism and monothelitism.
- 1811 – Tecumseh's War: American forces led by William Henry Harrison defeated the forces of Shawnee leader Tecumseh's growing confederation at the Battle of Tippecanoe near present-day Battle Ground, Indiana.
- 1917 – World War I: British forces captured Gaza when the Ottoman garrison retreated.
- 1987 – Tunisian prime minister Zine El Abidine Ben Ali deposed and replaced President Habib Bourguiba by declaring him medically unfit for the duties of the office.
- 2000 – Hillary Clinton (pictured) was elected a US senator, the first time a first lady had been elected to public office.