Wikipedia:Selected anniversaries/March 30
- 1861 – British chemist William Crookes published his discovery of thallium, which he had achieved using flame spectroscopy.
- 1867 – U.S. secretary of state William H. Seward negotiated the purchase of Alaska from Russia for US$7.2 million.
- 1950 – Usmar Ismail began shooting Darah dan Doa, widely recognised as the first Indonesian film.
- 1972 – Vietnam War: North Vietnamese forces began the Easter Offensive in an attempt to gain as much territory and destroy as many South Vietnamese units as possible.
- 1981 – Trying to impress actress Jodie Foster, obsessed fan John Hinckley Jr. shot and wounded U.S. president Ronald Reagan and three others outside the Washington Hilton hotel (immediate aftermath pictured).