|When and Where|
|Date||Wednesday, November 20, 2019|
|Time||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
599 11th Avenue, 8th Floor
Wikimedia New York City invites you to attend its monthly WikiWednesday Salon on Wednesday, November 20 from 7:00 pm - 9:00 PM at Metropolitan New York Library Council. No experience of absolutely anything is necessary. All are welcome!
All attendees are subject to Wikimedia NYC's Code of Conduct.
- Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Food: pizza (have another suggestion? let us know!)
- Location: Metropolitan New York Library Council, 599 11th Avenue, 8th Floor (southwest corner of 45th Street and 11th Avenue)
- Subway: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, W to Times Square or 7 to Hudson Yards
- Bus: M42, M12, M50
- Citi Bike: There is a Citi Bike station located one block away at 46th Street and 11th Avenue
- Accessibility: An elevator is available to take attendees to the 8th floor. If you require additional accommodations or have any other needs (dietary, etc.), please let us know at email@example.com.
- 19:00 - Welcome and introductions
- Recent events
- WikidataCon; check out the videos of the sessions
- WikiConference North America 2019 hosted by MIT; check out the videos of the sessions.
- Upcoming events
- World AIDS Day editathon in early December with Bluerasberry, stay tuned. Possibly December 9.
- Blog post about Fordham edit-a-thons (ILovePiDay)
- Share + Discuss
- Translation tool demo (Doctorxgc)
- Structured data on the Wikimedia Commons (Megs) - discussion about the challenge of using textual terms to search for visual elements; urgent need for improved metadata. See example in structured data tab here.
- Open access policies at the Metropolitan Museum of Art; read more here; Mbabel tool, that created articles based on Wikidata (Pharos)
- Met presentation: bit.ly/3379gHh
- I have an early class again. epicgenius (talk) 16:36, 19 November 2019 (UTC)
- There's a debate tonight I already have plans for, sadly. — Rhododendrites talk \\ 16:12, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- Can't make it tonight, have a great WikiWednesday, see you next month. I am continuing to work on a 2020 Earth Day edit-a-thon hosted by Sure We Can. The redemption center has given us the green light if we want to host an edit-a-thon there. I am looking for help putting it together, if anybody is interested please let me know. Also, if anybody knows any wikipedians who focus on recycling please let me know. --Wil540 art (talk) 23:56, 20 November 2019 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 04:19, 20 November 2019 (UTC) 04:18, 20 November 2019 (UTC) I hope the veggie pizza doesn't disappear immediately again. It sure is popular. The Hummus & Pita Company we had that one time was pretty good. I rarely champion tacos, but that place we had at the Wiknic was excellent, but probably too far away from Met Library Council.