March is Women's History Month and to celebrate, Fembot, in collaboration with ASOU Women's Center, the Center for the Study of Women in Society, the School of Journalism and Communication, and the UO Libraries will be hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon at the University of Oregon on Saturday, March 9, 2013. Remote participants are also welcome.
As a part of Wikipedia:WikiWomen's History Month, this event is one of many around the world that aims to engage more women to edit Wikipedia, and to improve coverage about women's history on Wikipedia.
- Saturday, March 9, 2013
- 1-4 PM
- Allen 141 at the University of Oregon campus, Eugene, Oregon
- Free, of course!
- Twitter hashtag
- This event is open to anyone interested in improving women's history coverage on Wikipedia. No wiki editing experience is necessary, support will be on hand to help you out! Female editors are specifically encouraged to attend. Can't be there the whole time? No problem, join us as long or as little as you can.
- Participants should bring their own laptop and power cords. Light food and drinks will be provided.
- Please RSVP below
Sign up to participate
- SarahStierch (talk) 19:34, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
Selena Deckelmann (talk) 15:55, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Capnleela (talk) 08:25, 23 February 2013 (UTC)
- Zennyrpg (talk) 12:51, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Ceci Ne'st Pas Une Noob (talk) 20:57, 9 March 2013 (UTC) Tony Unger
- Castabile (talk) 21:01, 9 March 2013 (UTC) Carol Stabile
- TiffanyGallicano (talk) 21:16, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- CaitHarrington (talk) 21:16, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Ellieboggs (talk) 21:17, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- ChelseaMKaufman (talk) 21:22, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- IanPilgrim (talk) 21:22, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Saltandpepperson (talk) 21:25, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Epaskal (talk) 21:31, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Assabko (talk) 21:56, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Bakerrachel65 (talk) 22:03, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Thebrycepeake (talk) 16:14, 11 March 2013 (UTC)
- Mvitulli (talk)
- StaciTucker (talk) 22:15, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
If you cannot make it to the University of Oregon in person, but would still like to participate, you are more than welcome to do so remotely. Sign up below, and please add any outcomes below. We will have Google Hangout set up so you can "drop by" and say hi. Please email sarahstierchgmail.com to "drop by." Be sure to use the Twitter hashtag #Wikiwomen and share your work.
- Gobōnobō + c (hoping to work on someone from the Oregon Women of Achievement)
- I'll probably be leading an edit-a-thon in Boston that day. Maybe there's some ferry boat that's served both cities, and we can write an article together :) Huzzah, to more Oregon events!! -Pete (talk) 19:13, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- UseTheCommandLine (talk) 03:03, 19 February 2013 (UTC) most likely unable to make it. Also do not use google+. are there such things as g+/irc bridges? irc i can do.
- --Another Believer (Talk) 03:15, 19 February 2013 (UTC), hoping to at least help online if I am unable to attend in person.
- Switching to online, as I slept in. Sorry! Capnleela (talk) 20:53, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
- Not sure if I'm "participating" but I'm sending some wikilove from our concurrent east coast edit-a-thon. Word to the wiki! -Pete (talk) 21:43, 9 March 2013 (UTC)
Suggested content for improvement
Please add your suggestions here! Feminist figures and related subjects only, please.